chapter 28

Thursday, April 25th

We are having a braai at our house, for Kgotso's friends and family. This is a pre-lobola celebration.

Kgotso is paying lobola for me on Saturday and I am leaving tonight. Kgotso woke up extremely excited today because his sister, who lives in the UK is coming today.

She is also coming with her son, who apparently moved here last year but no one had an idea he was here because he didn't tell them.

Anyway, I head over to the boys, Kgotso's dad, Bhekisizwe and Kgotso's other friend, Shaka, Kgotso is there as well.

I hand the marinated meat to Kgotso and he holds my waist and whispers something in my ear.

Me: what?!

I say as I can't hear him. He holds my hand and pulls me. I follow behind him and we start walking. We walk to the garden where we sit and chat until we are called out by the girls.

Bheki's wife is Phozisa and Shaka's wife is Amukelani.

Phozisa: no, guys. come on.
Amu: the pots are burning, sisi.

He laughs and kisses me before letting me go back to them. As we walk into the kitchen, we find Kgotso's sister.

Kgotso: Oratile!
Ora: Kgotso.

They give each other warm hugs.

Ora: well, if it is not my sister-in-law.

She says walking towards me and she gives me a very warm hug.

Ora: let me introduce you to my son.

She holds my hand and walks me out. Her son looks back and guess what?!