chapter 21

I wake up and remove the duvet but Kgotso holds my hand.

Kgotso: where are we going?
Me: I just need to pee.
Kgotso: okay.

He gets up and carries me to the bathroom. He allows me to pee, wipe and wash my hands before carrying me back to bed.

Kgotso: what else do you want? some cereal?

I nod and he leaves the room. He returns a few minutes later with two bowls of cereal. We have our cereal in silence.

Kgotso: I'll go get your medication, is there anything else that you want?
Me: no, thanks.
Kgotso: okay.

He hurries to the bathroom where he takes a shower and lotions his body. He then wears a simple tracksuit.

He gives me a kiss before leaving me in this huge house, all by myself. With the security and all but still, by myself.

As I'm scrolling on socials, I see a post by Mampho and guess what? She was out last night with BK. I laugh as I thinking about how ridiculous this is.

After some time, I hear her car drive in. I stand up and go to her room.

Mpho: what do you want?
Me: you're dating my ex?
Mpho: and you're dating my dad, which one is worse?

I get up and she pushes me. I fall on the floor and I feel pain in my ankle.

Me: ah!

I say as I scream to the top of my lungs. I hear Kgotso's car drive in and scream...

Me: Kgotso! Kgotso!

And in no time, he is already here.

Kgotso: what's going on here?
Mpho: I pushed her.
Kgotso: why would you do such?
Mpho: because I can.

He picks me up and carries me to his room where he massages my ankle, bandages it with fresh bandages. He then gives me the prescribed medication to drink.

Kgotso: also you, what were you doing in her room?
Me: she's dating my ex.
Kgotso: and you're dating her dad.
Me: what are we?
Kgotso: humans.
Me: Kgotso, man.
Kgotso: you're my woman, I am your man and I'm going to put a ring on that finger.
Me: are you crazy?

I say laughing at him. We just started dating and he wants me to marry him.

Kgotso: please move in with me.
Me: why?
Kgotso: it's just the idea that I always have to go to res to see you and the walls are so thin, even the smallest fly that's flying by can hear us whisper.
Me: I'll think about it.