Chapter Four Pt.2

Emerald Trial

-Vale-
-Emerald Forest-
-Arno Attano-

Arno leans to his left blocking his attack by resting his own sword on his shoulder, his sword slamming against Arno's atop his shoulder, a split-second later, he shifts again, leaning right away from his attack, swiping his sword towards the woman, his sword slicing her mask open a bit, cutting her cheek.

Then he spins, swinging his sword at neck height, it slashes through the mans throat, and he grabs the wound, gurgling, he stumbles backward, then falls backwards, turning into ash.

"NO!" The woman yells, then also vanish into ash, blinking away...

Arno hums, flipping his sword around his hand, then hooks the hilt onto his belt, with a nod he pulls the rune from his coat, his fingers tracing the marked up whale bone.

"Arno!" He glances back, hiding the rune behind him, tucking it into his coat as he turns to face Yang and Blake, "...Arno?"

Clipping the rune to his belt, Blake's eyes widen at the sight of the legendary mask, Yang gets a little nervous, "Yes... Sorry." Arno reaches up, removing the mask, he hooks it onto the left side of his belt.

"I wear it when I'm working..." Arno looks up, pulling the hood down, his hand held gently behind his back.

"Are you the first one here?" Blake asks, she sniffs quietly, the scent of blood pinching her sense... "Are you hurt?"

"No, I wasn't the first here... And no, I am not hurt." He brushes a bit of dust off his coat, "I uh... Well, there were a few people here before you, that weren't students."

"Weren't students? Should tell Ozpin, he can search for 'em!" Yang cuts in.

Arno hums, looking at the relics, "I think these are what we're here for." He changes the topic, motioning to the chess pieces.

"Sweet," Yang walks over, grabbing a rook piece, Blake grabs one as well, "Where's your partner, Arnie?"

"Please don't call me that..." He grunts, "And I got here before I found anyone in the forest." Arno steps forward, grabbing a rook, "Five rooks... Maybe a miss count..."

"Or purposely done." Blake smiles, tucking the rook into her pocket, she looks at the forest, as Yang is about to speak, a scream is heard through the forest...

"Was that Ruby..?" Yang hums, Arno shakes his head, walking beside her.

"That might've been Jaune." - A.

"What?" - Y.

"It started high pitch, ended low pitch." - A.

Yang and Blake hum quietly, understanding his reasoning, "So, your mask... Is it a replica of your dads?" Blake asks.

"Ah, it's actually his mask, he figured I'd get more use out of it, it's more for protection than concealment." Arno states, smiling a bit.

"Well, it's crafted well, who made it?" - B.

"Ah, a Faunus, he helped my father clear his name." Arno answers, pulling the mask from his belt, he holds it out, "Well, more kept my fathers gear in top shape, while he cleared his name."

Yang cuts it, "It's spooky looking! Had me a little nervous when we first got here." She nudges his shoulder with a fist.

A shadow passes over them, Blake and Arno look up... A Nevermore, "Heads uuup!" Ruby falls from the Grimm, and as she gets closer, Arno preps to save her, only to watch a blonde haired boy, wearing the chest piece and arms of white and gold armor burst from the forest, slamming into Ruby...