Two

As Sabine was taken off the ship it seemed that the two of them were both filled with a curiosity about what it was that had passed between them. 

Perhaps when their lightsabers weren't clashing they didn't despise each other. And perhaps it was that had their circumstances been different they could have been friends.  

Or more. 

Yet neither of them wanted to think about that. To dwell on it.

Baylan had left Shin in charge of the prisoner, she took a seat on a nearby rock and watched Sabine, pale eyes narrowed, almost looking as though she was squinting.

The other apprentice noted that she rarely seemed to blink, it was a long and unflinching stare, as it had been when they'd dueled the two previous times.

The silence between them seemed to drag out for an eternity, it wasn't an awkward one but one that seemed to be where the two of them were stubborn enough to not want to break it first.

"Do you plan on letting me search for Ezra or are you keeping me here forever?" The question had been on Sabine's mind for the whole journey here. Since Baylan had first proposed the deal to her, despite how skeptical she had been about it.

Shin didn't reply for a moment, either choosing her next words or simply letting her think that she wasn't worth the time "It's not my choice when or if you go" she said simply.

"Yes because you're just his wild wolf pup." Sabine muttered and the words were almost too quiet to hear.

Almost.

Shin's head snapped towards her and a muscle twitched in her hand, feeling the urge to choke her with the force again, this time without Baylan there to stop her.

Though if she did that, Shin had no doubt that Baylan would leave her here and try to find a new apprentice.

"Just as you are Tano's" Shin said calmly, though there was an edge to her tone, Sabine took note of the way to get under her skin. To poke at her.

Yet it would be like poking a wild wolf. One that only took so much before she snapped.

------------------------------------------

A/N: So I am changing some things around, same plot just more chances for the two of them to get to know each other.
Vote if you enjoyed and let me know what you thought