Three

The tension between them could be felt in the air, it seemed to hang thick over them, they were both feeling a rivalry that neither of them had felt for a long time, if ever.

Shin however turned away from Sabine as though she wasn't worth her time, moving over to where their ship sat.

There seemed to be a stillness to her movements, as though she was a predator who was completely calm until she was angered.

Someone that you didn't want to mess with if you could help it.

Sabine was watching her every movement and it was hard to tell whether she wanted to make a smart comment or was simply trying to figure out what was going on in her head.

She was a book that couldn't be read, couldn't be understood.

And yet why was Sabine drawn to her?

She assumed that it was because she'd met very few other apprentices in her life.

Life after the fall of the Jedi Temple seemed to have been a lonely one for those who were force sensitive.

It would have explained why Shin and Sabine had some similarities despite being so different from one another.

Sabine seemed to snap out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of footsteps.

It was Baylan who had been talking to Thrawn, he exchanged a glance with Shin that was hard to understand or figure out what either of them were thinking, but Shin nodded.

She watched as Sabine was set free to search for Bridger.

It was hard to tell what was going on in her head but she seemed to have many thoughts, just never voiced any of them.

--------------------------------------------

A/N: a more calm chapter, but I wanted to build up to what's coming, I plan on writing after the finale as well, not just leaving it there, I'm already having thoughts and ideas of where I want the story to go.
As always, vote and let me know your thoughts :)