Chatper 1

Nova:

I pick up the weight and put it back on the rack. Todays workout was extra long. At least they are getting easier.

Its been six months. Six months ago I shot Westley. Levi has been showing me how to use spells and enchantments to build my control of my powers. I still can't control what happens while I'm sleeping, so we are trying to find a witch to help.

After Levi left me in the library I cried my eyes out. I cried for my parents and grandma. I cried for David. I even cried for Westley. Why? I don't know. I just know I did. When I was done crying he showed back up and carried me to bed. He never once spoke about how early it was in the day. Or about how hard I had cried.

He only tucked me in and laid beside me. I had slept the rest of the day and the whole night. When I woke up we trained. He had me transform into my fox and fight him. Originally he wanted me to fight one of the guys so I could fight a wolf but no one wanted to fight their Luna. So he got down on his knees and fought me like that. I lost of course. The whole day I couldn't even get him off his knees. He beat me the whole day.

After that my days consisted of a mix of training and reading. I read all of the royal books. I also read the books David got when he first found out I was a fox. Apparently he bought a whole series of books about fox behavior and fox shifters.

Anytime I read and study Levi leaves. He says he doesn't have time to stay for the boring stuff. That he still has to make deals and keep up his reputation. But he stays to help me train. To make sure I'm not slacking on the physical stuff.

The pack helps me now. I can beat most of them. And I've learned to control my size while I'm in fox form. I can get as big or small as I want. We go on runs together as a pack, but I can only run with Levi as training. No one in the pack can keep up with me even when I'm in human form. So Levi takes the time to chase me while I push myself to run faster. We eventually made it into a game and when I got fast enough we started racing.

Levi teleports into the room and I bump into him as I'm turning around. "Levi come on. What did I say about doing that? If you're not going to walk in the door like a normal person then don't teleport so close to me."

I took my headphones out of my ears and realized I was yelling. "Oops. Sorry."

"Come on. We have to go to the living room. Call a meeting. It's important." He turns and leaves the room. I mind link the pack and head after him.

"Levi, wait. What's so important? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Of course, something happened. We wouldn't be calling a pack meeting if nothing happened."

"Well you don't have to get smart, asshole." I cross my arms and huff. He smiles at me and puts his arm over my shoulder.

"You don't have to pout. You'll find out soon. So impatient." He ruffles my hair and we make the rest of the way to the living room in a comfortable silence.

The living room is filled with pack members. "Levi I don't think the living room was a smart idea. Why don't we take it outside?" He stands on a chair and whistles loud enough to be heard over all the noise.

"Guys listen. I need you to be quiet. I have news and it's important." He turned around to see if everyone was in the room and his horns almost hit the light. Once he confirmed we weren't missing anyone he continued.

"So you all know Nova has to be approved for Luna. I know that Cane has been postponing it so Nova can train to hide her scent and how to run a pack, but as of yesterday the council all agreed that it is time to visit and begin the approval process. So within a few days, they will gather and come up with a date that Nova has to start traveling. She will only be allowed three pack members to join her. And also she needs to be able to travel the whole trip within a week. So a lot of species to see in that time frame." He hopped off the chair and grabbed my hand.