2

The pack hospital is small. It's my least favorite place in the whole house. But it's the only place I can ever find Lacy. She's always here. Either doing inventory or updating records like people's weight or health that's changed. She says she's a doctor. It's the only reason she's here.
I knock on her office door and wait to hear the welcome. When I hear her sweet voice saying to go in I open the door.

"Um. Hey Doc. I just had a quick question." My voice wavered and her eyes snapped up to look at me. Her paperwork is forgotten as she sees the look on my face.

"Oh, Luna. What happened? What's wrong?" She stands up and walks to the front of her desk. I hold up the bag slightly and show her the rip.

"I just picked it up. I wasn't rough with it. But all the books fell out and I can't sew and I remembered you could stitch so I was hoping maybe you could help me fix it." I felt my throat tighten and I choked on a sob.

"Luna of course I can help you. I'm not good at sewing, it's a little different than stitching a wound, but I'm sure I can figure it out or we could ask the pack if anyone knows how. It's ok Luna. Don't get worked up. We can fix this." She grabbed the bag gently and walked out of the room.

  As she makes her way to the pack house she examines the bag. Screaming can be heard from inside the house. Lacy doesn't seem worried at all. She just stays focused on the bag.

'Do you think she can fix it?' I ask Sky. She ponders a minute and nods in my head.

'I do. She is skilled in the medical field and if she can't I think I might know someone who can.'

'Who?' I ask

'Let's see if she can fix it first, then we will set our sights on someone else.'

I leave it at that and watch as Lacy opens the door. The screaming gets louder and I see Cane and Austin playing video games. Austin seems more into it than Cane. Though, if you ask me Cane seemed to have a glint in his eyes that said he was enjoying himself more than he let on.

Lacy ignored them and stormed to the kitchen where the first aid kit was. She started her work after setting everything in a neat row on the counter. I watched her for a little while until my nerves got the best of me and my mouth got dry. I might as well eat while I'm in the kitchen. Levi fuses if I don't eat properly anyway.

    I was rummaging through the fridge when I heard a bang behind me. I jump and turn around to see no one. I look around the counter and find a pan sitting on the ground. The pans hanging on the rack above the counter shook as if someone hit them.

  "Lacy? You there?" I look around the corner of the door and see no one. Huh. She was just here. Heading back to the fridge I see the door open. Now I'm getting nervous. I know I closed it. I close the fridge, again, having lost my appetite.

When I close the fridge I see a tall figure standing on the other side of the door. I scream and try to back up but lose my footing and hit the ground.

  Levi stands over me, his wings casting a shadow over my face.

"Did you fall?" He smirks and chuckles a little at me.

  "No, I attacked the floor." I deadpanned.

"Backwards?"

  "I'm fucking talented!" I huffed as I stood up and growled at him. He puts his hands up in surrender and backs up.

"Have you been crying?" He tilts my head as I stand and I slap it away from me.

"Leave me alone, Levi. I'm not in the mood for your million questions today."