3

I never thought I'd see a demon cry. It was like he was confused on why his eyes were wet. "How long have you known?" He brushes his fingers across the three circles that show where our children will go. The faces and names are blank.

"Before I met you I was looking in the books. And I saw the timeline. It was right after," I pause and take a shaky breath. "Well it was after David died. And I had finally worked myself up enough to open my mom's books. When I first saw it I didn't know what it meant. I thought it was wrong. It wasn't until a month after I met you that I finally let it click. I just didn't think to tell you. I'm not sure why."

When he looked up his tears ran down his face. "Do you believe it now? Or do you still have doubts?" His voice shook with uncertainty. Like he was scared of my answer. I kneeled down and put my hand on his cheek.

His wings relaxed like he was holding tension in them. "Levi. There is no doubt in my mind that if a demon can have a mate, be worthy enough to have a mate, then we can work through our troubles and have kids. I was coming in here to tell you I was sorry for storming out the way I did. Sometimes I forget you have troubles of your own. And that I have to try just as hard as you to make this work."

After my little rant his eyes softened and he put his hand on top of mine on his cheek. Without a word he stood up, pulling me with him, and wrapped his arms around me. His wings engulfed us like they were a second pair of arms. This is the first time he held me. It's the first time he's looked at me like a mate and not some random person he's just training.

After a few seconds of marveling at the softness and warmth is wings bring he pulls back and places his hand on the side of my neck. "I don't understand what made me worthy of a mate. I know I'm not like other demons. But I do know I'm nowhere near worthy enough to have a mate like you Nova. I'm so sorry I'm not good enough for you. You're beautiful, kind, smart, strong emotionally and physically. And now I'm finding you're wise, too. I just don't deserve you. But I will be. I'll make myself worthy for you."

"Levi-" he cut me off with his lips crashing into mine. Sparks erupted in my stomach. His tail wrapped around my butt and pulled me closer. His lips tasted like mint and chocolate. Almost like his sweet smell.

I wrap my hands around his neck and let myself be trapped in time. He lets me go and looks into my eyes. "Im sorry. I'm so sorry. I know I was an ass earlier and you didn't deserve it. What were you trying to tell me? What will help us in this mess?"

He stayed quiet as he waited for me to speak up. I swallow the lump in my throat and take a step back. "Well, Sky has been showing me a few things when we would have some alone time."

"Ok. So what could y'all have been doing that can help with the royals situation?"

I fiddle with my fingers as I thought of how to tell him. "Maybe it's easier to just show you." I took a few more steps back and take a breath. I don't understand why I'm so nervous.

I shift into fox form and sit down. This takes lots of concentration. I only just started being able to do it. I close my eyes and feel the magic of the white foxes run through me. I push my mind to think of brown fur. I think of my eyes as a brown color. I can feel the colors course through my body and run along my white fur. My eyes stung as they changed, causing me to open my eyes then squeeze them shut. When the burning dissipates I see Levi looking at me with curiosity.

"Wow." Is all he mutters. I stand up and do a little trot around him. He keeps his eyes on me and turns his head with my movement. When I'm standing in front of him again he bends down and leans his arm on his knee. "Were all white foxes able to do this?"

I nod my head and feel the white start to overpower the brown. I close my eyes and will the brown back. I can't do it for too long. But long enough to show the royals I'm not white. Hopefully by the time we make it to the royal wolves then I'll be able to hold it a lot longer.