Chapter 2 : Enchanted to meet you

Taylor was exhausted. She had just performed for 5 nights almost back to back at SoFi stadium and was relieved but also sad to have the first leg of her tour behind her. She would have so much more free time and mental space each day because she wasn't flying from city to city to perform.

Taylor and Tree were meeting with Travis and his publicists, Devin to discuss the terms of their arrangement that they had been emailing back and fourth about for the past few weeks. The video conference call started at August 11th 7am PST and 9am CT. They had to meet earlier to accommodate Travis' preseason football practice that starts promptly at 10am CT.

Taylor skimmed the email exchange between the four of them earlier this morning. She had just finished up her 6am call and was running a few minutes late needing to chug some water. When she signed on the other three faces started back at her and ...wow. Even as a small video box Travis's green eyes were sparkling. Framed by smile lines around his eyes that insinuated he like to laugh, a lot. He was sitting in what looked to be like some sort of studio, probably the set up he uses for his podcast. He had short hair and a little stubble with a mustache. His 70s style facial hair was seemingly selected ironically.

Travis broke the silence "Good morning Miss Swift. I'm enchanted to meet you." He said wit a huge grin, clearly self amused by his reference.

Taylor gave a winning smile, "Haven't heard that one before. Nice to meet you as well Mr. Kelce. You can just call me Taylor."

"Touche, I'll be more creative next time. Maybe spending time with a lyrical genius will rub off on me. And Taylor..." He paused "You can call me Travis."

"One can only hope, Travis." She quipped back. His confidence was almost appalling. He was so self assured. This may have been a huge mistake. How could she pretend to date someone who was the polar opposite of her and epitome of white male privilege? He didn't know her and was low key making fun of her.

The man who took up the least amount of space in his zoom video conference square piped in "Hello, Taylor. I'm Devin Hellil. Nice to meet you. I've already had the pleasure of chatting with Tree. Tree, thanks for making this meeting happen. We're very excited to be working together". Devin was a reasonably attractive guy, medium build, dark hair, clean shaven with dark eyes. He looked like a standard bro and honestly could have been named Chad or Chet. It felt like he was trying a little too hard to command the room. He over compensated for his lack of authority by speaking a little louder and faster than everyone else.

Tree got the meeting rolling. "Okay, I trust everyone is up to date on our email exchange. I'd like to do a recap and make sure we are all on the same page in terms of timeline, ground rules, documents to sign and goals. Sounds good?" She didn't wait for anyone to respond before she continued. "For timeline, this engagement will last a few months starting now and ending on Nov 1st, after the Eras movie has run its 3 week course. And as far as goals, we're hoping to reach people outside of the typical swift demographic to include more men and a wider range of ages.

Taylor will start to drop hints about dating Travis, wearing his birthstone, not being seen with any other eligible bachelors and wearing Kansas City Chiefs red. After the first outing we want to be in as many headlines as possible before the premier of this movie and while it is in theaters. Sound good?"

Everyone nodded. Taylor loved how Tree could command a meeting. She was such a badass.

"As far as ground rules. Travis you are not permitted to disclose personal details about Taylor in any capacity. Not on your podcast or to the press.Taylor will make no comments regarding your relationship and won't be taking interviews."