Story is not directly based on any religions. Nor do I ship any members in real life. Simply fictional. Please enjoy :)

Jisung nervously stood on the marbled surface his feet rested on with clouds and mist surrounding below, awaiting at the entrance of the golden gates of the afterlife realm.

Stretching his feathered white wings to ease his tension, he nervously prepares on a mission he will be assigned to on the overworld (Earth) by the ruler goddess of the heavens.

It's been quite a long time since Jisung has been on the overworld, making it add to his stress and worry. Since time in the afterlife was timeless, what was a few years in the afterlife may have been a few days to months in the overworld. So, his return back wouldn't be much different from how he left it. This made Jisung worry less, but Jisung's anxiety for the future was still present.

Before he began his wait to be assigned a mission, he had conversed with the angels alike who had a mission back on the overworld, talking about their own personal experiences. Each having a different assigned mission and their own encounters. After completing the mission, they've returned back, some taking days and some years, with due overworld time. Jisung remembered a few days before his mission he was roaming around and doing what he pleased and in the process had overheard some angels haven't or don't return at all.

So, as a result, the thought of being stuck on Earth never returning back to the heavens is what mainly made him feel anxious. Considering the 'what if', he never completes his mission and is stuck as a fallen angel on the overworld, slowly withering away after a long time passes.

But for certain angels, the missions and things related weren't a concern for them. Not all angels have missions sent back to Earth.

There were 'pure angels', who were faithful and haven't committed a sin throughout the course of their lives, never given a mission to redeem their non-exsistent sins.

With 'forgiven angels', they were assigned missions from the ruler goddess of the heavens, redeeming their sins by following through and completing their assigned missions, living the coarse of their afterlifes in serenity.

Lastly, the 'considerable forgiven angels', in which Jisung is considered as. They are angels that committed a grand sin in their lifetime, but they committed a sin that could potentially be forgiven by the heavens, being considered a temporary good soul, for a while, until they are assigned to redeem their sins.

So, once they received a mission from the goddess, if they could redeem those sins by carrying through the mission, it resulted in forever getting to live in a peaceful paradise for the rest of their afterlife.

But, with given missions, they sometimes weren't easy. For main reasons being tempted by evils, resulting in some fallen angels not returning back by making more sin rather than using the opportunity to redeem them. Leaving those to remain a fallen angel whose feathered wings and golden halos forever lost and were sent to the reigns of hell.

So with all that roaming anxiously in Jisung's mind, a 'considerable forgiven angel' with potential pressures and dangers, has to do his mission carefully and wisely, one that is alike to that he has sin, to remain his place in the paradise afterlife and not be damned to the underworld(hell).

Being an angel, all angel types don't have any recollection of how they passed or any memories of their life before. For example, Jisung, along with other considerable forgiven angels, do not know or have a clue on how they had sinned. But with that being a thing, it was something he was grateful for rather than sad about. It was the least of his concerns since he was happier to rather not know and sought it was wise to not remember such troubled things that occurred in his life.