Chapter 7: The ultimate problem solver

Aarohi's POV

Aarohi, you are such an idiot. Who told you to act impulsively and say all those things to Vivaan? Now how will I do this project alone? I screamed in my mind.

About a week later, and one night before the submission, there I was, sitting on the floor continuously staring at my almost completed assignment. It still needed some editing.

Vivaan had tried to talk to me in the past few days but I refused to take any help from him.

Sanvi has already completed her assignment, going to bed just after having dinner.

And here I am, feeling sleepy and tired as hell still working on my assignment and complaining to God in Intervals.

Why is this taking so much time? Shit! What just happened? Where is my assignment?

In a blink, everything just disappeared. How is that even possible? Maybe I entered the wrong key. Fuck my life. Tomorrow is the submission day. What am I going to do now?

When my eyes were filled with tears and I was about to cry, I heard a knock on my window.

I turned around and it was Vivaan, entering through my window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked going near him.

"Are you crying?" he asked me when a teardrop rolled down my cheek.

I looked at him and said in a low voice, "I was at the ending part of the assignment when everything just disappeared."

"Have u saved it anywhere?" he asked when a few more droplets rolled down. I nodded my head indicating a no.

I know it was my fault. He offered to help but I was being stubborn and now I am prepared for his scolding.

"It's okay, I am here, I will fix it," he said holding my face with both his hands.

"I am sorry," I said lowering my face.

"It's not your fault. Don't worry, it's gonna be fine" he smiled wiping off my tears.

His unexpected behaviour along with that smile gave me a sense of relief.

Then he quickly opened his laptop and sat on the floor leaning on the side of the bed. He started the work after I provided him some notes which I made earlier.

While he was working, I went to the kitchen to make him some coffee.

"Coffee," I passed him the coffee. He thanked me and continued his work. I locked the door when Vivaan looked at me.

"Sanvi is sleeping and I don't want her to find out that you are here," I explained.

"Hmmmm" he nodded his head while working on the assignment.

I sat beside him resting my back on the side of the bed and looked at his laptop.

"Aaarohi-aarohi" the yelling voice of Sanvi and the sound of banging on the door broke my sleep.

I slightly opened my eyes and found my head resting on the shoulder of Vivaan.

What am I doing? I slept the whole night on his shoulder?

I looked at him who was sleeping like an innocent child. He was looking cute while sleeping and I couldn't move my eyes from his face. Looking at him like this was so satisfying.

"Aarohi, are you alive?" she shouted again.

"Yes," I replied.

"We are getting late for college. Are you ready?" she asked.