Chapter 46- A heartbreak?

Aarohi's POV

"I am going to get some coffee for us," Diksha said as I was sitting on the bed holding my head which was aching like drilled by a machine.

Good things always come with bad consequences. With some scattered memories from the last night, I was struggling to put myself back in place when I heard a knock on the door and went to open it.

"I hope I didn't disturb your sleep," Vivaan's mom said stepping inside.

"No no, Aunty, we were about to get ready for the Haldi function," I said with a casual smile on my face.

"I have something to talk to you," she said with a tensed face making me a little worried.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" I asked her.

"I don't know what has happened between you two. Two years back, you disappeared from our lives and everything changed. When I saw you together after coming here, you pretended to be together and I played along. But I am a mother and I can read Vivaan's eyes even if they are closed. Still I was happy as the little hope which I killed a long time ago, got a new life. Although you weren't together but your presence changed my Vivaan. I can't thank you more for bringing my child back to us. Though he was with us the entire time, still we have missed him. And now when I got him back, I want to be selfish," she said as her eyes brimmed with tears and I kept looking at her helplessly.

"If I ask you for something, will you give it to me," she said and I remained silent.

"Please comeback into his life. Not only Vivaan, we all need you. I am apologizing for whatever he has done to you. But he is always like this. Childish. He has never loved anyone the way he loves you. Can you forgive him and give him another chance," she said folding her hand in front of me when tears rolled down her cheeks.

I instantly grabbed her hands.

"Aunty please don't do this. It wasn't only Vivaan's fault. We both were equally responsible for whatever you all had to face. I'm sorry. I am the one to be blamed," I said folding my hands and  bending my head in front of her when she immediately hugged me.

"I know I am being selfish. After all it's your life and the last decision will always be yours. But remember, whatever your decision would be, I will always respect that," she said pulling apart and left.

I was standing there with tears flowing through my eyes until Diksha came with the coffee.

"Hey, what happened my girl," she said putting the coffee on the table and hugged me.

"Diksha, I don't know what I am doing with my life. I seriously don't know," I said sobbing and hugging her back.

She made me sit on the bed and sat beside me.

"Come on, tell me, what is it?" She asked me.

"I love him. I love him more than anything. But I can't do this anymore," I said wipping off my tears.

"Aarohi, what are you talking about?" She asked again confused by my statements.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I want him back into my life. But what about him? Does he wants me back? Yes, I agree that all our misunderstandings have been cleared and we don't have anything against each other. But what next?" I asked looking at her eyes.

"We have been apart for two years. I don't know if he still loves me like two years back or his feelings towards me have faded away," I said.

"Whenever I think of us being together, something scares me and that is our past. If we get together once again, I don't know if we can be able to make it. What if something happens again and we part our ways? This time I survived the worst way, I won't be able to do it again," I said and started crying again.