.

She was very much aware about the strict family politics in this strange world of curses and wonders.
Though she often found herself glancing up towards the stars, wondering about a life without this strictness.
A life.
O, to be this selfless and have no care in this world for duty, family and these demons around us.

She found herself envying her friends back at school. Envying her best friend.
Her best friend.

She would always do her best, to make the girl, tied up in heavy family businesses, as happy as she can be- she knew about the secret. With lips shut and sealed tight, she always pressed a cheeky smile.

She was known for her boisterous attitude back in highschool. She was more of a fighter than the gifted young woman, who was able to sense and see all demons and curses of the world.

They were fresh out of highschool, wondering what they should do with their life.
In which direction to go, which opportunity to take.

Akane, her best friend and partner in crime, was pretty sporty and would've wanted to train to become a coach.
(Y/N) loved children, so maybe she could do something where she would educate them? Something like a teacher.
But there was an offer.
An offer was created and planted in front of the doorsteps of the small Fushiguro clan. Wether it was planted with lovely intentions or dark backgrounds- nobody has double checked.

This offer left a lovely taste in his mouth when the head of the Fushiguro family has let it run through his lips.

She sat there, the youngest daughter to the Fushiguro head and his wife. To her left, at the door, there was her older sister. Letting her glance rest at her younger sister, (Y/N).
It was already a shame that for the second time of their tries, the wife hasn't given her lover a boy, an heir.

As the offer fell another time, out of her strict fathers mouth, through her ears. The eldest sister has left the main room of their Clan compound. Her mother, proud again of her creation, her husband could love her again.

This offer meant everything to everyone.
This offer meant salvation.

With beautifully created sentences, there lies the letter in which this contract was carved. (Y/N) believed it would be some type of manipulation.
These words on that paper were sugarcoated, but what stood on there was something this family needed.

The strength, prestige and a financial support.

The offer meant isolation.

"Just imagine how strong this child will be..", whispered the mother, covering her gleeful visage with a silky kimono sleeve. The father hummed. "With the genes of our family combined with the Zenin"

This offer meant an arranged marriage.
To marry into each other's families, she was to marry Toji Zenin.

She was aware that these family politics existed, many clans would arrange marriages, but these were most common in greater clans, like the Zenin, Gojo or Kamo.

Although this arranged marriage would not only create a family with a strong child, it would also help finance the sorcerer education of the eldest Fushiguro.
It was already set in stone for (Y/N) to take over the role of a sorcerer bearing mother, as her cursed energy was weak.

But not weak enough to not continue their lineage.

A boy would bring them grace and wealth.