.

The young girl went to Junior High.

She tried her best to lead a normal life as a school girl, whenever she entered the building.

All of the curses she saw on a day to day basis, she let it all slide. 
It was like she would be putting down her glasses in order for her to not see.

She ignored the silent laughter of those small curses sitting on some of the students shoulders, pesting these poor young people with thoughts of dread.
At first (Y/N) felt sorry, but with time she came to a realization that there was nothing that she could do about it.
For some time she had thought about helping these people that had those insects around them, although with this small amount of cursed energy the young girl possessed, it was difficult for her to make a long term change.

She was no hero, nor did she learn to eliminate curses correctly.

Staring outside the window while attending class, (Y/N) was thinking about how her life would be turning out in the near future.

A couple of days ago, the Zenin family was present at the Fushiguro estate and the news had her pretty shaken up. Being caught up in an arranged marriage wasn't something that (Y/N) had expected. Not even her older sister had stood up for her- to make her parents rethink their decision. 
Like on a golden plate, (Y/N) was presented to the Zenin Clan.
Plans for the wedding are already on going.

Her mother had told her, that she will not be able to visit the Highschool.

(Y/N) was shocked, to an extent, she just sat through the whole conversation with her mother, she hasn't even spoken a single word. She just couldn't.

All of her efforts on negotiation would be a waste- her mother wouldn't listen to her.

Talking to her father was not an option. The only response (Y/N) would get is a beating.

She sighed deeply, her (E/C) eyes fixated on the Schools gate, here and there a couple of late students walking past it. 

Suddenly she noticed something snake like slithering around the gate and past a teacher on guard.
Obviously, the teacher didn't notice a single thing. She stood there, as this thing, a curse, had made its quiet way through her long legs.

The curse had an ugly face- just like any other.

It's eyes were sharp and dark and it reminded her of the pair she stared into a couple of days ago: Toji Zenin.
The spirit was a somewhat light color, with a shimmer of violet when the sun hit its shell.
After slithering past the guard, it stood still for a moment, remaining in its position.

It didn't take long before it caught (Y/N)s stare.

It didn't need to search for long, as if it already knew where she was located.

(Y/N)s eyes widened ever so slightly, leaning in to the window to get a better look, to make sure it was actually looking her way and indeed, it was.
Her brows furrowed as she shared the glare.

This was odd, usually these small spirits would not have such a cocky look when spotted by a sorcerer. (Y/N) may not be the greatest, with her little cursed energy. But she felt that this spirit had even less. (Y/N) was sure that if she put a bit of effort into her energy, she would definitely destroy it.

Its stare felt familiar, is if she had seen it before, though she couldn't remember any occasion where she stumbled across this curse. 

Feeling a slight tap on her right shoulder, (Y/N) slightly jumped before turning around to meet Akane.
"Sorry", she whispered, "Didn't mean to startle you but uhm, do you have the answer to that one question?", she pointed her over to her textbook. (Y/N) glanced above her own shoulder to get a bigger look before gifting her friend an annoyed look. She turned around with her eyes rolling and quietly grabbed her notes to pass to Akane. She nodded quickly, bowing down jokingly but (Y/N) didn't pay her any mind.

She turned around to take another look at the spirit, but when she glanced towards the spot she had last seen it, it was gone.

It left no trace.