.

The girls lips in front of her took in shapes and forms, creating sentences that were unheard by (Y/N).
It was another day spend at their usual café.

As she kept her gaze locked on to the coffee, she stirred the milk softly, carefully making sure to not touch any ceramic edges with her metallic spoon.

Words and sentences flood past her ears like the breeze of warm summer winds.
Her hair slightly danced, sitting near an open window.

"(Y/N)?", asked Akane again another time. The unnaturally dyed blonde observed her friends strange behavior. Usually she would keep eye contact with her whenever she spoke.
(Y/N) valued it highly and respected the occasional glances towards her, signaling she was intently listening.
Now it was obviously clear that she was not listening at all.

Calling out for her name another time, Akane waited for a response before reaching out for her cold hand, stopping her stirring.

Slowly her eyes caught up to Akanes, her head didn't raise. "Hey-", she said towards her quiet friend, "what's up, you've been awfully quiet today.", with a small smile, Akane saw how (Y/N) straightened and sat back into her stool. "Things have been tough lately at home."

The fake blonde was quick to follow and furrowed her brows. She knew that (Y/N) would never enroll to this sorcerer school, but there was always the possibility of the young woman encountering dangerous situations with her ability. "How tough? Is everything okay?", she asked her friend.

(Y/N)s gaze lowered another time as she took a deep sigh. "Well, we've established that I won't visit the university to pursue my studies to become a teacher..", she said.
Akane pressed: "We?", her friend was quick to respond. "Well, we as in my family.", she continued.

"There was this letter", with a soft voice, she began stirring her coffee again, round and round, soothing this tugging feeling at her stomach. "Another sorcerers family has asked for my hand in marriage and my father agreed."
At first it was quiet, but Akanes loud exhale broke the silence, "why would your father allow this?", she asked seriously and (Y/N) was only able to shrug her shoulders. "This family is strong, my father is hoping to be respected by the elders..."

This secret wasn't quite new to Akane, she found out about it early on, when they started being friends.
"Do you know this guy?", she asked (Y/N).

"Not really, I've only seen him once and that was years ago."

"And there is no way for you to do no?"

(Y/N) sighed another time, "Well either I'll kill myself or run far, far away.", she joked. Akane only scoffed, "don't make these jokes..", she said.

Taking a sip from her coffee, (Y/N) shook her head. "I have no right to speak up against this. It is law and it is to be done.."
Another wave of silence has washed over the table. It wasn't this thick and uncomfortable silence, but anger could be felt from Akane.

The cool breeze felt uncomfortable.
Turning her head towards the window, (Y/N) had a strange feeling of being watched.
Letting her (E/C) orbs wander outside, she searched for the source of her feeling.

It was a fleeting feeling, but her eyes landed on a small and ugly curse. Their gaze met and she narrowed her eyes.

Akane noticed her friends stares towards a direction, but upon following it, she could see nothing.