.

It felt like a night before Christmas.

Everyone was scattering around, cousins, aunts and uncles, even distant family members were attending and offering their help towards the soon to be married off young woman.

The days were growing colder, making the mother of the Fushiguro family quite grumpy as they can't welcome the luck with a warm weather, but she knew they all would do their best efforts to fill the missing warmth with hospitality, showing themselves from their best side and making sure the great Zenin family would not regret the decision.

Getting her hair brushed by her sister, (Y/N) sat in front of a mirror, actively avoiding looking at herself.
"Straighten your back.", said her, by one year, older sister, Shion. Her brush strokes soft, never as harsh as the ones of her mother. To annoy her sister, she wouldn't do as she said, making her sigh.

"(Y/N)-" she started, stopping in her tracks. The young woman caught Shions gaze through the reflection, "I am just as surprised.", she said.

"But why didn't you intervene?", (Y/N) was confronting. Never in a million years could she speak up to her parents, let alone her father, a man. But Shion? She's a strong woman, she was even allowed to enroll in Jujutsu high, this special school for sorcerers. She was one too, wasn't she?

Shion bit her inner cheek, not being sure how to respond, what to come up with that would soothe her sisters deep pain.

"I saw how serious they were about it.", she said, continuing brushing her hair, Shion furrowed her brows, not quite happy with herself and her response. "You know how important the family status and our strength is to them, they only want what's best for us-"

"For us?", (Y/N) interrupted her sister, cutting her off before she could finish her sentence, though Shion was quick to regain her composure. "Do you really want to be at this stupid sorcerer school?", asked (Y/N).
"Sister, it's a blessing that I am able to attend, so you should see your opportunity as one too."

"A blessing?", she asked, scoffing a bit. (Y/N) eyes wandered towards her own, looking at herself through the mirror. "I heard that guy isn't even better himself, no cursed energy at all."

"Since when are you interested into Jujutsu anyways?", smiled Shion, but the young woman just shrugged with her shoulders. "I'm just wondering."

Both of the women shrieked up, when suddenly the door opened to their room. On to the Tatami-floors stepped an elegant woman, wearing a festive kimono with the priciest material, the finest silk. It was their aunt.
"My dear, are you done soon? The Zenin are to arrive in a bit and (Y/N) isn't even out and about yet!", she scolded Shion, who turned to her sister, nodding apologetically. Red strictly colored lips pressed downward.

Finishing up the last touches on (Y/N) beautiful (H/C) hair, she stood up from her seats and brushed over her knees and crinkles. "It's expected for the Wife of the Zenin head to arrive along with both of her children, Jinichi and, of course, Toji.", she said, specifically choosing to use the word children, even though this arranged marriage is set between young adults. Her aunt, sister to the man in charge of the Fushiguros, was just as full of herself.
Putting herself above others, thinking she might know everything.

(Y/N) hated it the most about her family, especially her fathers side, they were all prone to narcissism. Oddly, her older sister Shion was close to their father, more with looks though and less with personality. (Y/N) on the other hand had tendencies towards their mother, but the elders had always said that she doesn't look alike anyone. As if she was somewhat of a black sheep. 
She should consider herself lucky to even have a certain amount of cursed energy; that was something her family would usually say, as she would never develop enough strength to enroll into Jujutsu high.

Not allowed to go to school or university and not allowed to go to work, she was specifically held off just for this very moment. 

Her hand was never promised towards Toji Zenin, but it was promised amongst the other strong Clans. (Y/N) had always hoped to find real love sometime in her life, or maybe even to get away from her miserable life.
She often found herself daydreaming about another life, where she wouldn't be here anymore, with this family of hers.

Maybe somewhere else? Another country perhaps? England!
Working somewhere nice, in a small cafe? That would be cute!

Quickly brought out o her own little world within her small mind, they rushed towards the main hall of their traditional home, with quick yet gentle and elegant steps. Just as they were taught back when they were younger. The ways of a traditional elegancy.

"They must be here by now.", quickly checking her mobile flip phone, their aunt has read a small message.
'Where are you?', was written with bold and pixelated letters. Hiding the phone within her Kimono, she sighed, pinching her furrowed brows, getting frustrated at the tardiness of Shion and (Y/N). "Girls, is this your definition of fast?", she asked yet another time, quickening her step.

As they reached the door before the main room, a voice was heard. "Kikyo", turning around, it was (Y/N) and Shions mother, calling for their aunt. "There you are-", she said, "They have arrived, they're waiting in the dining hall!", glancing towards (Y/N), she took a good and long look at her daughter, drinking in the beauty she was emitting. Nodding, as if she was approving, she took a firm hold of (Y/N)s arm, intertwining it with her while gracefully walking towards the direction of the dining room.

The door was open, so they had a good look at what was happening inside. 

The elders stood there, smiling as they welcomed mother of the Zenin and both of her children. Both boys, no, men. Taller than the average Fushiguro.

One of the men had longer hair than the other. It gave a green shimmer when light had hit it from a certain angle.  He wore an X shaped scar on his forehead. His face was graced with tired eyes, staring down my father as his sharp and small lips formed, for (Y/N), incoherend words towards him. The kimono he wore was dark, a dark shade of blue, with no symbols. Though from afar, the material looked quite expensive. With a roughend up hand, he had scratched the little beard he had. Maybe it wasn't really a full beard, it resembled more of a 3 days old stubble. 

The other one though, was just slightly smaller than the one talking to the Fushiguro father. Though he still had a well build form, his eyes were nowhere near tired. 
He looked quick, sharp and calculated as his dark green orbs sweeped the whole room and even the outside.

His eyes met (E/C) ones.

He was quick to avert them when an elder had approached him.

His fringe fell down his forehead, barely touching his dark, green eyes. He looked dangerous, though unlike anyone else, (Y/N) couldn't sense his cursed energy at all.
Was he this strong that she couldn't feel it? Was he surpressing it? Or maybe he just simply didn't have any.
Although you just cannot underestimate a Zenin, you never know.

(Y/N) allowed herself to get a small look on to the woman, the mother of the Zenin siblings. She had the same tired, yet sharp eyes as her sons, though unlike both of them, a small smile has made its way on to her lips. Though it did look like the kind of smile you would give someone because of how sorry you felt.
Her dark green hair was neatly done into a nice up do and her dark, almost black kimono, held beautiful light green symbols, almost in an artistic way.

She wondered, which one of these men was the one she would marry.