6.Sickly in Love🍊

The two were on a call with one another. Katana was talking with Hyperlaser as the two watched Hyper's cat. Hyper had his camera on so Katana could see the little kitty lumbering on his bedsheets. "She's been excited since I fed her just a bit of fish."

"She's very excited about being in a new place. I'm sorry if Subspace or Biograft reprimanded you for bringing a cat back to Blackrock's apartments."

"It's alright. They didn't do much other than Subspace telling me that if I got a male cat, I have to say my prayers." The two share a small laugh as Princess continues skittering around. She meowed as she shakily walked, one paw after the other. There was a bit of silence as Hyper recorded his cat. Before Katana spoke:

"Hyperlaser."

"Yes, Katana?"

"I have...never been in a relationship before. Let alone, with a man."

"You and me both."

"I...I would like to love you. I want to love you like a man loves a woman."

"What's stopping you?" There is silence on both ends. Hyperlaser stops the recording of his kitten, waiting for an answer from Katana. It goes on for a few seconds before an answer finally comes out.

"...Absolutely nothing."

"Why did you hesitate so noticeably?"

"I...am not used to loving. Let alone-"

"Loving a man. I know, I know. But that doesn't change my desire to give you as much of my undivided attention as the world allows me to give to you." His words touched Katana, his heart thumping like a drum as he heard his words. The praise. The love. The pure and utter acknowledgment of him. And in such a romantic way. It was pure bliss.

"Hyper..."

"I'm...sorry. Did I say something you didn't like?"

"No no. Of course not. Everything you said was-...so nice. I...appreciated it. Especially from you. You are...so special to me." Hyper smiles as he hears Katana say such. "...Do you mind if I call you my love, or honey."

"No, of course I don't. Do you mind if I call you such?"

"Why would I?" The two smile, silence striking once again. But a good silence. They enjoyed their company. Their companionship.

"I...should head to bed. It's pretty late."

"Of course. If you need me, though, just text me."

"...I love you."

"I love you too, honey." Hyper instantly hung up right after that, a dial tone cutting off the sudden rustling. Hyper looks up at the ceiling, a blank expression before he starts to whine and cover his blushing face with a pillow as he kicks his feet. Princess meows, nuzzling up to his side and dragging her face onto his thigh. Hyper looks to the side, gently picking up the kitten. He stares at the little kitten of his for a bit. She's meowing over and over to be put down from the man's grasp. He gently sets her on the bed and gets under the covers. The little kitten, however, is restless, climbing all over the bed, and meowing. Just doing anything BUT sleeping. He didn't mind, though. Hyperlaser just tried to sleep despite the kitten climbing all over him. Soon enough, she would tucker herself out and just snuggle up to her owner and just sleep, purring into his chest as he tried to rest. But Hyper was staring at the ceiling...thinking. Before his phone buzzed with a message from Katana.

I can't sleep.

Neither can I.

Would you like to call again?

Of course.

Katana instantly called him after that message and Hyper answered. "How are you feeling, Hyperlaser?"

"Tired."

"Figures. Would you like me to give you your rest."

"I'm okay with calling you..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, my love." There was silence once again. It was a silence so loud that it made their ears ring.

"You...looked pretty."

"What?"

"Your face. Your face was...so pretty. I wish I could've seen it sooner. I wanted to be blessed by your beauty sooner than not. You looked...exactly how I imagined you." Hyper stared at his phone for a moment, staring at the profile picture of him and Katana together. His heart thumped at such heartfelt words. Before a sniffle from Hyperlaser's end came from his microphone. Katana instantly jolted up, concerned for his lover. "Hyper, I'm sorry. Did I upset you? Are you crying? Would you like me to come over? Anything you need? Are you just hungry? Are you mad at me? Did I accidentally make you cry?-"

"K-Katana, it's okay. I just...thank you. For saying those things about me...I...I appreciate it so much...more than you know, my love..." Hyper wiped the tears from his eyes. Crying just made him even more tired. Katana processed it for a second before chuckling and talking in a soothing voice.

"You're crying because...I complimented you?"

"I-It's childish, I know. But I'm not...used to being in love like this."

"Hyperlaser, I don't mind if you cry. It's not a crime. I only wish I was there to wipe your tears."

"...you wouldn't mind coming over, would you...?"

"I'd love to." The dial tone rings through the room. Hyper looks outside, then at the clock. It was almost 9 pm. And it took at least 20 minutes to get here. But that's if you run. But Hyper waited. And waited. And waited. He sat in his bed waiting patiently for his lover. It was a little past 9:30 p.m. before there was a knocking on the window. Hyper jolted up, hesitantly opening the blinds and there Katana was, his mask on. Hyper hastily pulls his helmet over his head and opens the window. Katana climbs in through the window. He gets back on his feet and pulls off his mask. Hyper pulls off his helmet with him before they share a soft kiss on the lips. "Hyper...I never wanna leave your side."

"Neither do I."

"I...would like to keep meeting up."

"So do I."

"Do you promise to meet me in these places when you can?"

"Why would I not promise? I love you with all my heart."

"I love you too..."

Shorter chapter but oh well. Wowzers, 2 chapters in 1 day. I got my pc back, so you already know I'm finna post more. I'm getting writer's block. The next chapter might just be something really dumb like all the Hypertana fanart I made. Word count:1049))