8:Chilly🍊

We're doing a little experiment, guys. If this chapter gets more traction than I would expect, I will shift this over to a HyperKitKat story.))

Over 20 years ago. That was the day we all met each other. We were so curious. So weak and fragile, our poor, squishy flesh, able to be chilled by the Fall and Winter times. When leaves danced in the chilly wind, trying to sweep our small bodies off our feet. But though we were just playing, slipping through the snowy woods, we never expected to find him. Were we lucky? Or was he...?

There was a sound of a child sobbing. Sniffling and shivering like a lost kitten looking for its mother. The young boy in the zipped-up coat hears this, tugging on his friend's arm. "Hey hey. Did you hear that?"

"Yeah. Who is that?" They listen in closer the sniffling calling out for help. Food, water. Anything. It was a child. Crying out through the trees as if pleading for help. The boy tries to slide down the snowy hill. "Wait! Don't you think this could be a trap!?"

"Hiro, don't tell me you're scared." The crimson-eyed boy looks to the side shamefully

"F-Fynn getting late...what if we stay down there and can't get back up?! We'll either freeze-"

"We're in winter gear!"

"Then we'll die from dehydration!"

"Snow is just frozen water!"

"Th-Then we'll starve-"

"Doesn't your dad teach you how to hunt-"

"Okay, I'm scared! And your ankle is broken! I can't fight if a bear tries to eat you! I can't I can't I-..." Fynn looks up at Hiro with his ocean-blue, optimistic eyes. He gives him a smile that warms him up. He grabs Hiro's hand and gently slides down the steep hill. Hiro whimpers as he keeps his eyes shut. Before the sliding of their feet stops they are now at a lower point of the snowy hill. The cries stop before they turn into calls for help. Fynn looks around frantically while Hiro is fearful. They hear the cries from above, seeing a teal-horned demon, no older than Fynn's age, hanging from a tree. He was at least 12-14 feet off the ground.

"Are you okay!? How did you get up there!?"

"S-Some kids were picking on me, a-and they left me up here and took my coat! Please just help me!!" The boy cried, tears streaming down his face as he panicked. Hiro's fear grew as his feet shifted over and over.

"Wh-What do we do, what do we do, what do we-?!"

"You'll have to climb up there."

"M-me?! I can't get up there!"

"Well, my ankle is broken. I can't so..."

"How about we just leave him up there!?"

"PL-PLEASE DON'T!! I'M FREEZING!!"

"Why would you say that!"

"Okay okay! I'll...I'll try." Hiro shivers as his soft hands touch the rough bark of the tree. He shimmies up the tree, repeating to himself that this was a stupid idea. He takes a bit to reach the branch the poor boy hung off. He was too scared to get any closer onto the branch because he might break it. Hiro was a teen, but he was such a child when it came to doing something that involved courage. He holds out a hand for the kid in the tree. The kid hesitates before taking grasp of Hiro's hand. Hiro fearfully puts him on his back as he climbs down, whispering to himself again until he reaches the floor.

"Oh, Illumina Thank you thank you thank you so much, both of you!!" The boy hugs them both, tears of relief streaming down his face. "Oh- I don't think you know me. M-My name is Luther!"