Chapter 2- Chocolate Ice Cream

Aloras pov:

"Irene, what you're talking about-" As I say this, the elevator dings, and the doors open. Irene bolts out of the elevator, down the hallway, and to our apartment door, unlocking it and running in, all in a matter of seconds.

I keep walking at my own pace laughing, pulling out my phone to see if my boyfriend, Ian had texted me back. It had been 2 hours since I last texted him. Nothing. He's most likely busy playing soccer somewhere. 

I walk through the open door Irene had just run through, finally looking up from my phone and take in the apartment. I gasp and look around giggling! It was completely empty but it already looked so cute!

The kitchen was to the left of the doorway. There was a table to the right of the doorway creating a dining room sort of area. If you kept walking straight ahead from the door you would walk straight into the living room. I walk to the left and place my box I had been carrying and my bag on the kitchen counter. I start walking through the hallway to the left of the kitchen to find it leads to the master bedroom.

"I CALL THIS ROOM!!" I yell out, falling to the ground and lying on the floor so Irene couldn't swoop in and claim it before me.

Not long after I hear her footsteps approaching. "Whatever the smaller rooms have better views anyway." She says but I highly doubt it.

The master bedroom had floor-to-ceiling windows covering two of the biggest walls. To the left of the room is a bathroom and walk-in closet.

"Yeah sure Irene let's see about that," I say starting to stand up. We walk to the opposite side of the apartment passing the living room and kitchen and enter the hallway to the right of the entrance.

As I walk through the hallway I open every door we pass. The first door was just a small bathroom. The second was the room Irene had picked. She was right, it was pretty cozy in there and the view was much better. But I'd never admit that to her.

"My room's better," I mumble under my breath hoping she'd hear me.

To my amusement, she replies in a sarcastic tone, "Wow living with you is gonna be so much fun" I just roll my eyes, close her bedroom door, and continue to the last door at the end of the hallway.

I open the door and it's just an empty room with the prettiest view I have ever seen. Because our floor is one of the highest, we get a beautiful view of parts of the campus below. It was almost sunset making the sky have an almost orange-pink tint to it. 

 "What are we gonna do with this room?" I ask Irene. "It's a surprise I have for you later, you're going to love it so much!!" wow this girl really had a lot of secrets today.

"Please don't tell me there's someone else living with us," I say with a worried look on my face.

"Are you crazy of course not. I just figured that now that we have extra space I'd make this room into something special for you." Irene says making me blush a little.

"Irene I don't think you know how lucky I am to have you as my best friend." I smile, getting excited to see what she does with the room.

⇿⇼⇿⇼⇿⇿⇼⇿⇼⇿⇿⇼⇿⇼⇿⇿⇼

It had been a few hours since we first arrived at the apartment. All of our boxes had finally made it into our apartment after several trips to her car and back. Irene and I had just been sorting through them and putting them in the correct rooms. 

Walking to the kitchen I start to unpack. We had brought some food with us in coolers from our houses so we wouldn't have to go shopping for at least two days and could focus on unpacking.

I open one of the coolers to put some food in the fridge. I pick up a tub of ice cream. Just before I'm about to place the tub into the freezer, I pull it closer to me to read the information on the back. 180 calories in the whole tub of ice cream. I can't believe I even brought ice cream with me. What was I thinking?

Sighing, I walk to Irene's room to find her hanging some pictures on her walls. "Hey, do you want this tub of chocolate ice cream? I can write your name on it." I ask trying to mask my sadness that I'm giving it away. Chocolate ice cream is my favorite, but it has too many calories.

"Is that even a question??" She asks enthusiastically. As I'm about to walk back to the kitchen I hear her voice again. "Wait. Alora..." She says catching onto what I'm doing. "Why don't we share it?" She asks trying to get me to give into the ice cream.

"...Nnno thanks, I brought plenty of food with me. It's all in the kitchen." I lie. I didn't want her worrying about me. "...okay lora..." she says hesitantly. She's dealt with this long enough to know that trying to ration with me won't work and that pushing me would just make it worse. 

I give her a bashful smile and close the door. Letting out a long breath I walk back to the kitchen. I grab a sharpy I had been using to label the boxes and write 'for Irene - thank your best friend :)' on the lid of the tub. I place the ice cream in the freezer and look into the cooler to find that the only other thing I had brought was a container of sliced watermelon. My safe food. The rest of the food in the cooler was Irenes.

I pick up a box of goldfish out of the cooler. I study the front of the box and slowly turn the box around to find that all the nutritional facts had previously been crossed out. I smile at Irene's consideration of me, but I'd just look it up anyway. Placing the box into the cabinet, I hear Irene step out of her room into the kitchen.

I watch as she struggles to carry the big TV from the kitchen to the living room. She attempts to hang the tv on the tv mount and fails. I hear her muttering under her breath. "I'm just gonna have to wait for-" Not understanding the last part I just laugh at her and continue unpacking.