Chapter 6- boxsprings and bedframes

Kians pov: 

Irene warned me that she'd be living with Alora, but I thought I'd just be able to avoid her. But here I am shopping for a box spring with her. We've been out all day looking for a box spring since she somehow finds something wrong with every one we've come across so far. I swear this girl could give me a migraine just by standing next to me. 

"No this one's too thin, it's gonna be too close to the floor." She tells me. This is my last straw. I pick up the box and start walking towards the checkout. 

"Kian stop, that's not the right one." I stop in my tracks and turn to her. 

"Alora we've been to six fucking stores already. We're getting this one." I tell her. She just looks up at me with big eyes. 

fuck

"I swear to fucking god Alora, we're gonna be late to dinner if you don't pick one soon," I tell her. She finally groans and walks past me towards the cash register. We check out and walk out towards the door. She offers to help with the box, but I grab it and throw it over my shoulder before she can pick it up. 

I put the box in the trunk of Irene's car, and climbed into the drivers seat next to Alora. 

"See, now we can take the box spring home today, instead of waiting for it to be delivered if we had taken your bike," She tells me, looking in the back seat at the box spring. 

Fucking smart alec. I don't answer and instead, just roll my eyes as I start the car. I back out of the parking lot and we continue driving down the highway in silence. We pass a burger king and I watch as Aloras eyes follow it until it's out of her sight. 

She looks over at me with tired eyes. 

"Eye's on the road sir" She says in a tired voice

Fucking shit

I shift in my seat, as I turn my attention back to the road.

⇿⇼⇿⇼⇿⇿⇼⇿⇼⇿⇿⇼⇿⇼⇿⇿⇼

We make it to the apartment building around 6:30 pm. We're definitely gonna be late to dinner thanks to the fucking drama queen I've been with all day. 

I carry the box inside as Alora follows behind. 

"You know I could carry the box if you want. I know it's probably heavy, but I'm pretty strong, and I've carried a bunch of boxes up to my apartment already so I'm sure I can handle it. " She tells me. God does this girl ever stop talking. 

"No." I tell her gruffly. If I give her the box it'll take us 10 fucking hours more just to make it up to the apartment. 

She doesn't pay much attention to my response as we walk into the elevator. I place the box against the wall as I click the floor 14 button. I turn and lean against the wall. I find myself looking over at Alora. 

She's leaning her head against the wall with her eyes closed. I take the opportunity to take in the full image of her wearing my hoodie. 

"You know that's not a gift right?" I tell her, breaking the silence. 

She opens her eyes looking confused. "What's not?" She asks genuenly. 

"That hoodie." I sound angrier than I thought I would, but I don't correct myself. 

"Oh right, sorry" She apologizes as she takes the hoodie off and folds it. She hands it to me and I take it, and drape it over the top of the box. 

"Where'd you get that hoodie? It's really soft" She asks me sounding like she's going through withdraw without it.