|004|

Madhu looked at the mirror in front of her. She looked beautiful, no doubt.

She wondered how would her husband be looking.

Sita said he is really good looking. Sita (Full name Sitara) is Madhu's childhood best friend. Both are almost sister from different mothers.

Sita was already married. She remembers the first time she visited her after her marriage.

|Flashback|

"SITA!!!" Madhu shouted at her soul sister as Sita noticed her.

It took a few seconds for Madhu's and Sita's eyes to water up.

Today Sita's parents were visiting Sita so when they met Madhu on the way and asked her if she wanted to meet her.

How could she say no?

"Kaisi hai tu?" Madhu asked Sita who looked pale than ever.

(How are you?)

Madhu, being seen her from the childhood can make out something's wrong. She had lost most of the weight and her face had lost all the glow that had been radiating before marriage.

"Tu itni patli kaise lag rahi hai?" Madhu asked her eyes almost tearing up again.

(How come you look so thin?)

"Wo_wo" Before Sita could say anything about the condition her husband interrupted.

(Th_that)

"Aare Sita, inhe undar baithaya nahi?"

(Hey Sita, haven't you made them sit inside?)

"Ji, a_aabhi baithati hun. Aao Maa aaur Babu aare aa na Madhu. " Sita said as she corrected the vail lingering on her head.

(Yes, I will make them sit right now. Come mother and father, come Madhu. )

A few minutes to their arrival, Sita's parents were talking to their samdhis. Madhu was waiting for Sita to complete all her work so that she could talk to her after months that felt forever.

"Madhu, aaur bata chacha aaur chachi kaise hain? Aaur Madh_Madhav wo_wo kaise hain?" Her voice broke when she mentioned Madhu's brother. Madhu was well aware of Sita's love for her brother. But this society doesn't support love. Its what their parents decide.

(Maya, tell me how are Uncle and Aunt? And Madh_Madhav ho_how is he?)

"Sab thik hai par tu bata itni patli kiyo ho gayi hai? Aaur ye dekh to dudh jaisa safed ho gaya hai tera chera. " Madhu's face showed concern.

(Everything is fine but tell me why you have become so thin? And seeing this, your skin has become white like milk.)

"Maare se na hota ge sab,Madhu."

(I cannot take this anymore, Madhu)

"Kiya? " Asked Madhu.

(What?)

"Har subha main uthti hun wo sab kaam karne ke liye. Paanch baje se utho aaur phir raat to sone ka maan kare to Pati se chutkara nahi. Bohat Dard hota hai, Madhu. " Sita cried.

(Every morning I wake up to do all that work. If you wake up at five o'clock and want to sleep at night, then you cannot get rid of your husband. It hurts a lot, Madhu)

Madhu could not say anything. She knew about all this. This was the thing she was scared of.

"Haar raat, wo aate hain aaur raat bhar."
She could not complete her sentence.

(Every night he comes and all night)

"Tu apne Maa ko kiyon nahi bolti? " Maya asked.

(What don't you inform your mother?)

"Maine bola tha par unhone bola ki sehe le thoda. Ye sab to hota reheta hai. " She cried.

(I tried but she said that please take little. This keeps happening.)

"Par-" She was about to say something when Sita's father called her to get going.

(But-)

"Chalo beta chale hain abhi. " He said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

(Let's go my dear.)

"Par bapu kuch kaha ke to jaiye. " Sita said with a concerned look.

(But father, please have something before leaving.)

"Aare pagli, beti ke ghar to hum pani tak nahi pite aaur tu khane ki baat kar rahi hai? Chal Madhu. " He said as Madhu dragged herself behind him after bidding a adieu to Sita.

(Are you going crazy, we don't even touch water in daughter's house and you are telling us to have food? Let's go Maya.)

|Flashback over|

Madhu wiped a tear that fell on her rosy cheeks.

Today was her tilak ceremony so she was sent off to the room to get ready. Here, all her cousins were enhancing her beauty.

Madhu was a beautiful girl was a no doubt with her dark black hair reaching till her waist. Her chocolate brown bambi eyes which were ever lined with kohl. Her bow lips were painted in a light shade of crimson.

In a instance, Madhu was called out. She corrected the veil on her head before preparing herself to stay calm.

She went and sat in a small stool with her head hung low the whole time.

She looked up when she felt a presence in front of her. She looked up to see a woman in her early 40s. She looked like Madhu's Mother in law.

That lady smiled at Madhu before applying tilak on her forehead and did her Aarti. Then it was followed by handing over A beautiful Red Lehenga.

Madhu was taken back to the room where she was before. She was going inside the room when she heard something that caught her off guard.

___________________________________________

How is it???

Vote target - 25

-🌺🍋