Chapter two: Rehan Singhania

"Put those clothes in the washing machine, Aaru!" my mother shouted from inside her room.

"Mamma, don't you understand that I have an exam tomorrow? Why are you ordering me to do work now?" I couldn't believe that my mother was prioritizing the demands of our guests over my studies.

"They're arriving in an hour, so please help me keep everything perfect," she countered.

"Fine," I yelled back, annoyed.

"Why can't these people come after my exams?" I muttered to myself.

---

Finally, I finished everything. I decided I wasn't going to step out of my room, no matter what my mother said.

"Aaru, please be cooperative and talk to them nicely when they arrive," my mother lectured me.

"Can't you handle everything on your own? And how many people are coming?" I asked her.

"Five," she replied.

"Oh, great. Just like us," I laughed sarcastically.

"Di! Help me, help me!" Niraj called out.

"What happened, cutie?" I asked him.

"Di, Priya didi wasn't allowing me to play with her," he pouted.

"Aaru di, I stole this toy from Priya di! Shshsh!!" he whispered, giggling.

"Where is my toy, Niraj?" Priya came running down, shouting.

"Aaru di, help!" Niraj hid behind me.

My siblings were always fighting, but if my mother caught them, they'd be in trouble.

Niraj started running and pulled me along with him. Suddenly, I bumped into a hard wall. But wait, the wall had a hand! I looked up and saw a pair of brown eyes staring back at me.

"Sorry," I apologized, but then I remembered that he was a stranger in our house and demanded, "Who are you?"

"Welcome Rehan, beta,(son)" my mother said, coming downstairs.

"Yes," he replied, still looking at me.

Who was he, and why was he in our house? Was he the son of one of my mother's friends? I couldn't help but feel captivated by his intense gaze.

-~-

Hey guysss!!! New chapter!!!

If you like this book please do vote!

Plabita