Chapter Nineteen: Murderer

Aradhya's Pov

The word "No" has been constantly echoing in my mind for the past few weeks. I'm trying to comprehend why Rehan lied to me, and why he did so in the first place. My mind is consumed with countless questions, and the most crucial one is what he might have done to get arrested. Moreover, I cannot fathom why everyone keeps warning me that he is dangerous to me.

Rehan was the only person I could genuinely connect with, and it's hard to imagine that he might have done something that would result in his arrest. Those five years were the most challenging years of my life, trying to survive without him, and now, suddenly, everything has changed. I don't even know the reason why. It's frustrating to know that everyone else seems aware of the situation except me, including my own brother.

My phone rang, interrupting my train of thought. The caller ID showed it was Myra. I picked up the call, and before I could even say hello, her voice came through the other end, sounding panicked.

"Aradhya, have you seen the news on TV?" she asked urgently.

I was taken aback by her sudden question and replied, "No, what's going on?"

"Turn on the news now," she said firmly, her voice trembling.

I could sense that something was wrong, and her tone was making me feel anxious. I quickly turned on the TV and tuned in to the news channel.

"O-ok," I stammered, unsure of what I was about to see.
My mind started racing on what could be so important she wanted me to turn on the news right now. I walked towards the TV and clicked the channel button to switch on the news.

And then My whole body froze. My heart stopped as I felt my blood drain from my face, the breath escaping my mouth as I watched in disbelief.

It was there, Rehan's picture along with a big headline -' A successful businessman's son turned a psychopath". There they were showing all his old pictures with a caption that reads, 'He used to be a polite handsome young man but the recent incidents have shown how he changed dramatically into a murderer in just five years."

This couldn't be true! The Rehan I knew would never do such a thing, he is the sweetest guy I know.

My heart was pounding now and my vision was blurring from the panic.

There's got to be some explanation for all this, It's all a big misunderstanding! As I continued to read the rest of the news, I realized that the news was being reported from his place and there was a picture of his parent's house. The article described the recent murder in detail.

My head was spinning as I tried to make sense of all of it. How is this possible? What the hell happened in the last five years when I was away? They continued to describe the incident in detail and talked about how Rehan's parents were also questioned by the police.

Suddenly, My mother stepped into the living room and noticed me watching the news. I was so involved in reading the news and trying to get a grasp of the situation that I didn't notice her, she had a frown on her face when she came close to me.

"Arad----"

"Mom" I cut her off, "It's all a lie right?" I tried to sound convinced myself that it was false news but the expression on her face only worsened

''H-how m-my life is a lie. M-my Rehan, h-he can't. I d-don't know Mom" I cried out.

"Oh sweet child come here" My mother wrapped her arms around me in a comforting gesture, but the panic I felt was beyond her comprehension. My whole body was shaking and I couldn't stop crying. It was so hard to take in all of this, my mind was going haywire with a million thoughts.

"Maa, sab juth tha! Mera life juth hain, mujhe kuch nehi samaj aa raha hain maa. Rehan kese kisika  murder kar sakta hain. Mujhe pata hain yeah sab juth hain!" I shouted sobbing.

(Maa, everything was a lie! My life is a lie, I'm not able to understand anything. How could Rehan murder someone? I knew it was all a lie!)

"shhhhhh.... Aradhya, just relax it's going to be fine. We'll figure this out, let's just calm down." My mother tried to calm me down and hold me close to her but I was too worked up to listen to her.

"Mumma, mujhe jawab chahiye bohot ho suka. Please mumma mujhe Rehan se milne jana hoga!" I said, wiping my tears.
(Mumma, I want answers. Please mumma let me go to meet Rehan)

"Shhhh..... Just calm down!" My mother kept petting my back but I wasn't going to relax. I wanted answers, and I wanted them right away. I couldn't believe how they were blaming my Rehan for something he couldn't do. He is innocent damn it!

"Mumma please mujhe jane dijiye!''
(Let me go)

My mother sighed, her hands tightening on my back, knowing the kind of person I was when I'm set on something I wouldn't listen to anyone's advice. I wanted to meet Rehan.

"I won't let you go, dear. I'm sorry" She replied looking at my determined expression, I knew that was her way of warning me.

"But Mumma, you of all people know Rehan is innocent.  You know what kind of person he is. How can you be okay with them taking him away like this without even investigating?"

"Aaru, tumhe nehi pata In pas chalo main Rehan ke sath kya huaa hain, aur please mere baat ko samjho Rehan pehle jesa nehi raha, wo tumhare liye bohot khatarnak hain!"

(Aaru, you don't know what happened  In these five years with Rehan, and please understand Rehan was not like before. He is now very dangerous to you)

"Kuch nehi hua!" I said my voice was raising as I couldn't help it. "Rehan never hurt anyone. I know him, I know what kind of a person he is and I know he is innocent. Even if he has changes in those five years I know he couldn't have done such a horrible thing." I said trying to keep my voice calm.

(Nothing happened)

"Aaru, you don't know about that night!"

"Then tell me what happened then," I asked looking right into her eyes, I couldn't accept the fact that Rehan could've done something so horrible and my mother knew it all along.

"H-He Almost killed his friend that night! The sight of him was so terrible that no one wanted to see it. He was on the verge of killing his own friend. Aaru I don't want you to meet him. Why don't you understand he is dangerous."

"That's not possible" I said in anger and denial at the same time. I can't believe my mother is supporting the police in taking Rehan away. She doesn't even trust me enough to believe me that he is innocent.

"TUMHARI MAA SACH KEH RAHI HAIN ARADHYA!"

☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾. ๋࣭ ⭑⚝.

Hey guys!!

Long wait right?

Tell me how was the chapter !

And yes! Do follow me on instagram! There I post spoilers for the upcoming chapters!! And yes I already posted one! Go and watch.

Next chapter target : 15+ votes

Your author
♡𓂃