Storms on the Horizon

"Dear me - Farmer McColl lost more cows last night." A 29 year old male tutted, reading the newspaper at his office desk. He had short cornflower-colored hair and stunning sapphire eyes sparkling with intelligence and kindness. His skin was as pale as alabaster.

He wore a beautiful, exquisite blue suit, with red stripes on the sleeve cuffs with a white dress shirt, a neat jet-black tie and a golden pin in the shape of the number '2' on the breast of his jacket.

His feet were shod with smart, immaculate black slacks, free of scuffs and scratches.

"A fishing boat lost fish last night as well." A 30 year old male sighed softly as he looked over the man's shoulder. "It's one attack every week. When will they bloody stop, Edward?"

The second male was a few inches taller than his blue-haired friend, his short brown hair combed back professionally. His green eyes dazzled with intelligence.

He wore a suit similar to his companion, but it was bright green in color and wore a gold '8' pin on the breast of his jacket.

"Indeed." Edward sighed softly as he folded the newspaper up. "I'm curious to find out what is happening. There aren't any large predators that can attack and kill cows on Sodor. There's been whale sightings near Sodor, but... there's nothing to suggest a whale caused the fish to disappear."

"Hm." Duck said thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. "It is a mystery, my friend."

Edward was about to reply to this when;

"Breakfast!"

Both Edward and Duck looked at the doorway and saw a small teen standing there, smiling brightly. His chocolate brown hair was still mussed from sleeping but his bright blue eyes glittered with enthusiasm. He wore an identical outfit to Edward, but he wore a number '1' pin instead.

"Thank you, Thomas." Duck chuckled as he walked past him, ruffling his hair.

Thomas giggled before replying cheerfully "You're welcome, Duck!" before skipping over to Edward. "What were you two doing?"

"I was collecting everyone's jobs while Duck and I were talking about the missing cows and fish." Edward hummed softly, gently fixing his youngest brother's hair as best as he could without a comb.

"I feel bad for them." Thomas sighed softly, letting Edward mess with his hair. "Farmer McColl has been upset about losing money from his missing cows and is worried about the price of feed for his animals."

"It is taking a toll on him." Edward agreed softly, standing up and grabbing a stack of papers, before holding the door open for Thomas, "but I'm sure answers will be found soon," he smiled as his brother joined him.

"I hope so." Thomas softly said before smiling brightly. "Now let's get some breakfast!" He giggled before jogging towards the dining room.

Edward chuckled softly as he followed Thomas into the dining room, looking at his siblings and their friends. "Alright everyone, I have your jobs for the day here." He said before walking around the table, and handing them their paperwork.

The sounds of utensils being placed on porcelain plates rang out as everyone grabbed their respective paperwork.

Everyone wore a similar suit to Duck, Edward, and Thomas, but of different colors. There were varying shades of green while there were other colours such as blue, red, black, silver, teal, magenta, yellow, and brown.

Some of them had numbered pins on their jacket collar. Some didn't; but only the one dressed in silver had two metal stripes pinned to his suit.

"I don't know why I should even get a job list." A tall, muscular male huffed in annoyance, grabbing the paper. "I only pull the Express!"