Off to the races

KEZIA

Ada moved in with Freddie and refuses to speak with either myself or Tommy.

The races are in a day, and I have to find a dress....Polly said she'd bring me shopping soon, Lucy really wants to come with us as well.

We're still at war with the Lees, Tommy and I are trying to find a way to end this.

We are also still dealing with the new inspector. And I have a deep feeling that something is not right with that barmaid Grace. She's interested in our business, a little too much.

Anyways, we still have to deal with Billy Kimber and the races,  but I trust Tommy.  He can make all of this better......

_____________________________

"Mommy,  please! Can I come with you to look at dresses?" I hear Lucy ask from the kitchen table, Polly looks at Lucy, who is waiting impatiently for my answer.

I look up from my cup of tea to see Polly sitting down across from me and next to Lucy.

"Why don't you ask Aunt Polly,  she's taking me to look at them." I simply tell her, Lucy looks from me to Polly.

"Aunt Polly,  please, can I come with you and mommy? Please?" She asks, her big blue eyes looking up at Polly.

Polly sighs and smiles,  "Okay, love. You can join us. We're going this afternoon." She replies sweetly.  Lucy jumps up from the table and hugs Polly tightly. She then walks into the living room, sitting in the chair.

Suddenly,  I hear the door open,  we look back and see Tommy holding a cigarette between his fingers.

"Why don't we go to the Garrison,  eh?" He says to me, I smile, "Of course," I reply.

"I'll see you later, Pol. Please keep an eye on her," I tell Polly as I smooth out my burgundy colored skirt, Pollynods with a warm smile. I walk towards Tommy and slip into my coat and black Mary Jane heels.

I grab my purse as he opens the door. He holds it open for me to leave first. I walk out, seeing him follow behind me.

"I'm guessing Lucy won't leave you alone about shopping." He suddenly says, I laugh,  "Polly finally told her she could come. She freaked out. " I reply as we walk in.

Grace looks at us and turns the other way, walking towards another customer.

"Bottle of whiskey, Grace," Tommy says as he walks towards the snug,  me walking beside him.