Private Nurse

Rory

These sexy men live in an abandoned church. Upon entry is a giant table with chairs all around it. Maps and files are laid out haphazardly. I know from Finley that these guys are all ruthless mercenaries, though recently they were assigned to take out the mindless Infernals.

Why are these particular mercenaries all gods among men when it comes to their looks? There isn't an ugly one in the bunch, and they are toned to geek statue perfections from what I've seen this morning. They do not believe in shirts first thing in the morning, and my libido is not complaining at all. Finley and I even had sex this morning, but I'm still making a wet mess of my underwear. Le sigh.

"So, beautiful, what do you like to eat for breakfast? I'm thinking omelets this morning?"

I almost choked on my spite at how close this handsome man was leaning across the bar top to talk to me. The sides of his blonde head are shaved close, leaving the top several inches longer than he has spiked up at the front. His muscular arms and chest are covered in Japanese-style tattoos. His baby blue eyes have me captured.

"Omelets sound delicious. I'm not picky. Do you have any coffee?" I question needing the life-giving fluid.

He chuckles at me before moving to the other side of the kitchen. With his back to me, I can make out a mural of two samurai fighting with swords in one hand and spears crossed in the ground in front of them.

Wow, I wonder who did his tattoos? They are so detailed. When I find out, I need to have a few more added. They almost look similar to Lachlan Hartley's work.

I look around this part of the building, noticing they have redone this entire church building to suit their needs. I love how open the kitchen is, which looks out into a game/theater room with two giant leather sectional couches and a large TV on one wall. There is an entertainment center set up for video games. The furry rug on the floor looks so comfortable to lie on.

"Here you go, beautiful." He says, setting down the coffee along with flavor creamer, heavy cream, and sugar cubes. "I don't know how you like your coffee, so here's a little of everything. We have more flavors of creamer in the fridge. Griff is a basic bitch, so we keep the pumpkin spice stocked up." A laugh escapes my throat at his description of the stoic man.

Speaking of...Griffen moves silently, coming up behind him and clapping him on the shoulder. "I'm a basic bitch, am I, Kage?" He is so deadpan it's hard to tell what he is thinking.

"Commander! I was just telling Rory how much you like pumpkin spice." Griffen hums under his breath at Kage's words. Going for coffee now, he takes a large glass bottle with pumpkin spice written on it.

"I tired of it going out of season, so I learned how to make my own. We all take turns in the kitchen. Are you okay with this?" He asks me while fixing his coffee. I just put a bit of heavy cream in mine.

"Oh, hell no, is she cooking, Commander!" Finley sits beside me with a shiver. "Su cocina es mala. ¡Muy asqueroso!"

I don't know what he said, but it had to be along the lines of how gross my cooking was. The repugnant, sickened look on his face tells me everything.

I smack him in the peck with the back of my hand. "My cooking isn't that bad!"

Fin gives me a disbelieving look. "Mi sol, not even the starving stray animals would eat it."

He turns to look at Griffen with a pleading look on his face. "Por favor, whatever you do, don't let her cook. Even if it's slightly edible, es toxico!"

I narrow my eyes at him and purse my lips with a harrumph. He looks at me. "Lo siento, mi sol, but I was sick all night each time I've eaten your cooking." I release a groan because, of course, he is correct. We were both fighting for the toilet in my two-bedroom, one-bath townhouse.