🕸️ Chapter 1 🕸️

(Several years later - HTTYD Homecoming/3 Characters & New Berk - Hiccup Without Beard)

You stepped onto the island, making sure not to trip on any rocks as Paradox shook his back a little, sheathing his tusks.

Both you and Paradox had just came back from the Northern Market, simply to grab a new canister for the dagger you had made for yourself several years ago.

It was had Paradox's venom within it, and would mess with a Viking's nervous system if they were impaled with such.

Paradox was now at least your height, maybe a few inches taller.

The two of you were the same age, which you had found out a day or two ago by checking the scales under where his tusk would be.

"Paradox, there's leaves on your back." You said, smiling as you walked over.

You ran a hand along his two sets of tusks before beginning to pluck leaves out of the scales that were pointed upwards on his back.

Paradox leaned into this, flapping his wings a little as his Stinger swayed idly.

Paradox was a Titan Wing Deathgripper, and he looked rather different from a few of the other Deathgripper's you had encountered.

He had white patches on his scales, orange markings on his head and a skeletal outline on his legs, neck, back and even his wings.

"We should really start trying to see which island we should head to for Dreadfall." You told him, Paradox roaring in response to this.

Dreadfall was coming up in a few days, and over the years on every Dreadfall, you and Paradox would head to different islands to harvest different offerings from Vikings, since the two of you made quite the impact on Viking tradition.

It was something you didn't mind, and terrorizing a few Vikings or dragons was always something fun to do.

As soon as you finished taking leaves from his back, he immediately ran into the woods, most likely to start hunting his next meal.

Deathgripper's were never satisfied.

The island you and Paradox inhabited was rather abundant with different Dragon Species along with sheep, Paradox usually liking Monstrous Nightmare's, Scuttleclaw and Night Terrors as his favourite dragons.

You began to walk into the forest which was lush, yet damp, like a marshland, though it was quite open and some parts were drier than others.

You flicked the visor on your helmet up, before taking the actual helmet off, being in a set of armour based off of a Deathgripper.

It was built off of Paradox's shed scales and was fireproofed too, his scales making it so that you were also immune to Deathgripper acids and fire caused by the open flame.

Ever since you left Berk, you hadn't looked back or returned to the island, and this year you were rather set on returning there or going to Berserker Island.

You've already checked out Wingmaiden Island and Defenders Of The Wing along with a few other islands, even a couple markets had set things out.

Apparently they did this to be spared, since Deathgripper's were known for being extremely destructive, and you might've used to go around attacking villages and raiding them for certain supplies that you needed instead of buying them.

This led up to that tradition of setting out fruits, meat, dragon nip and sometimes even a few dragons, alive or dead, usually Terrible Terrors who scuttle around without care often.

You stepped towards your 'camp' and looked down at what you were doing previously, seeing a map filled with marked islands along with a few small trinkets.

"I'll do that tomorrow." You deadpanned, sighing as you stepped away from the map that was set on one of your wooden desks.

You were referring to looking for an island you'd pick up supplies on for Dreadfall, which was arguably your favourite Viking holiday.

It was also Paradox's since he got nice treats, food and it was an extremely nice season in general, being autumn or fall.

He enjoyed the leaves changing and the trees going bare, along with certain dragons migrating.

You stepped on a couple leaves, going towards a lantern and lighting it with a previously lit one since the sun was already going down.

It'd be nighttime soon, and the sounds of dragons roaring or shrieking in either terror or confusion meant that Paradox made his pick on what he'd eat tonight, or he had already gotten to it and a dragon stumbled upon him eating a dragon.

You looked over, beginning to take off your armour to reveal the clothes you had under (Your Choice) which matched a little with Paradox's red, black, orange and white colour scheme.

After a couple moments, your eyes fell on a small bed-like area you had set up for yourself, and it wasn't that large, though, Paradox made for a good pillow and he added extra body-heat.

It was near a few large patches of grass, and it had a designated small little indent in the grass to indicate Paradox sleeping there.

When he did actually sleep, that is.

A couple roars in the woods could be heard before you spotted Paradox, jumping onto a tree near you, catching himself with his Stinger before dropping again to scuttle towards you.

Paradox's eyes dilated a little as you moved your hand with a fish in it, his head moving in response to this.

"Last one for tonight, Paradox." You told him. "You've already had ten, plus a few dragons."

His mouth opened, and once you dropped it, he met the fish half-way and clamped his jaws down on it, his Stinger tail folding to cover the actual Stinger.

Paradox had a slight glow to him, being the orange-yellow-ish colours emitting a soft glow that could be seen from quite a long ways away.

Once Paradox finished, he roared at you and quickly made his way over to where he usually slept, you sitting down beside him.

"Tomorrow, we're gonna see what island we're gonna pick up food from for Dreadfall." You hummed, sitting cross-legged beside the dragon. "Sound good to you?"

Paradox roared in response, unsheathing his tusks to and tilting his head back and forth, foreleg pincers adjusting and snapping against each other a little.