Chapter 16 - Can't Wait to be Queen

Kamaria was making her way towards her siblings, excited to show them the flowers she collected. But she instantly dropped them to the ground and backed away slowly when she saw Kion and Kiara arguing and shouting. In an effort to break up the fight, Kia got in between her siblings and attempted to defuse the situation. Simba walks over to stop the argument and gives Kia a nuzzle as he explains how Kiara will be in charge.

Kamaria - "Kion! Kiara! I found these pretty flowers, and—"

Kion - "Back off!"

Kiara - "You back off, Kion! That's my tree!"

Kion - "Your tree?!"

Kamaria - "Kion! Kiara! What's going go?! Calm down!"

Kiara - "I found it first! So step aside!"

Kion - "No way! You can't tell me what to do!"

Kamaria - "Kion—"

Simba - "Uh, actually, she can. For the next few days, Kiara will be Queen."

Kamaria - "Wait, what?!"

Kiara - "Me?!"

Kion - "Her?! Queen?! Dad, what's going on?!"

Simba - "Kiara will be acting queen while your Mom, Aunt Shani and I are away in Kilio Valley."

Kamaria - "Why are you visiting the elephants, Dad? Did something happen?"

Simba - "...I'm afraid that we have a funeral to attend. My friend, Aminifu, passed away."

Kamaria - "What?! No!"

Kiara - "I remember him."

Kion - "He was a wise elephant."

Simba - "Yes, he helped the Pride Lands return to normal after Scar was defeated. Once the elephants returned, all the other animals followed. And the Circle of Life came back into balance. And now Aminifu has completed his journey in the Circle of Life."

Kiara - "I'm so sorry, Dad. Uh, how long will you be gone?"

Simba - "Just a few days.And I'll let you in on a little secret. I was nervous about ruling the Pride Lands at first, too."

Kiara - "Hah, I'm not nervous...well, maybe a little."

Simba - "It's okay. I have faith in you. And the Lion Guard. Just keep the peace, and everything will be fine."

Kamaria - "We'll help you however we can, Kiara."

Kiara - "Thanks, Sis. I won't let you down, Dad."

Simba - "I know, Princess. Or, should I say, Queen?"

Kiara - "...Heh..."

Sitting at the ledge of Pride Rock, Kiara watched her parents and her aunt make their way for Kilio Valley. She felt doubtful that she could rule the Pride Lands, even if it was temporarily. And Simba was both worried about Kiara, and something else.

Simba - "It is a big responsibility."

Nala - "Worried about Kiara?"

Shani - "Or are you worried about your tribute?"

Simba - "Why would I be worried about that?"

Nala - "Maybe because you have to say it in Elephantese?"

Simba - "Ugh, yes. Elephants and their traditions."