Prologue Part One: Days of Happiness

Hello everyone! I'm Jey and last year I once again I started writing fics once again, most of the time I write Genshin and sometimes some Persona, I'll try my hand at Star Rail in the near future.

Just to clarify, its pretty obvious, but English is not my native language so this fic may have a lot of spelling errors, my apologies in advance.

So, as you guys can see, Ei is my favorite character in the game and probably the reason I got into Genshin in the first place.

This story started as a recommendation from one of my friends on twitter and after discussing the course of the story with him I decided to go with it and here we are!

I won't always do an intro since I want you guys to focus on the chapter but from time to time I'll try to do it.

I'm also on twitter/x! My user name is @JeyGonzales3 and I post fic updates, some polls for the compilation and retweet arts that I like! You can also see a little bit more of the personal Jey rather than the written one.

I don't want to take much of you time with this introduction so to end with this, all comments, likes, opinions and suggestions are more than welcome!

Hope you all like Eternal Lovers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SWISH!

You can hear the sound of a polearm cutting through the air, unsuccessfully trying to reach its target. Its user tries to adjust her position to attack her rival again, but in a second, a leg passes under hers and it makes her to lose her balance, after falling to the ground she can feel how her rival has her cornered between the ground and his sword, she has no choice but to surrender.

"I concede Aether" The girl said as she closed her eyes, lamenting the chances she had lost during the duel.

Aether slowly got to his feet, clearly tired from the duel that had just ended, then proceeded to move his arm forward towards the girl to help his partner up from the ground. The girl accepted it and with his help she stood up.

"You've improved a lot since the first time we met" the girl commented.

"It's thanks to you, without your help I doubt I would have come this far, but I'm still not strong enough to defeat you if you use all your strength Ei" Aether said, while with his hands he tried to clean some of the dirt that was on his clothes.

"Nonsense, in a very short time you will be able to fight me even if I use all my power" Ei said as she crossed her arms, she didn't like that Aether didn't value himself enough.

"Thanks Ei, it means a lot to me, especially coming from someone as special to me as you" A small blush could be seen on the girl's cheeks, she quickly turned around so the boy couldn't see her.

"Ehem" Ei cleared her throat "We should go back, Makoto, Lumine and Miko must be waiting for us with the dinner ready"

"Oh yeah, let's go back" the both of them began to walk towards the entrance of the cave, the path to the house (or palace) was not very long, in fact, it was above them, they trained under the Tenshukaku, the home of Ei and her sister Makoto lived and also the place where Aether and his sister Lumine stay since they arrived to this world.

As they walked towards the palace, Ei discreetly turned to look at Aether, seeing how his long blonde hair moved slowly in the wind. Recalling how they had met a few months ago, Ei was walking around Seirai Island together with Makoto who had insisted on visiting the island after its near-total destruction after Ei defeated Kapatcir, As they both saw a couple of shooting stars cross the sky.