Farewell's and The Nation of Contracts

*Springville, Mondstadt*

One man made his way towards Mondstadt and Liyue's border, his blonde hair flying through the wind as he followed the road to his destination.

Just an hour ago he said goodbye to all of his friends in the city, almost everyone in the city turned up to give their farewells, everyone wanted to see the city's hero depart as he continued his journey towards the nation of eternity.

That crowd included one woman, a woman who even thought was happy that the boy decided to continue his journey, she was also sad that she couldn't find a way to conquer his heart, she was rejected by him that last night.

*Last Night, Knights of Favounius Headquarters, City of Mondstadt*

Jean threw herself at Aether as soon as she woke up, she threw herself at him joining each other in warm but delicate hug. He was the person who saved her life, he is the one who defeated Dvalin and saved her nation, she owed him everything and even so... she wanted to ask him for one more thing, just one more thing, but it was most likely the selfish thing that she could have asked for.

She wanted that he leaves all behind, that he stays with her, that they both looked after Monstadt together, with him by her side, they would be unstoppable, they could form a family together, have children, and once she retired they could go live together in a cabin outside the city as family.

But deep inside she knew what the answer was going to be, she could feel that he felt something special for her, but that his heart was already taken by someone else, but still, she had to at least try, she wanted to at least give it a try, she didn't want to be left alone thinking of what it could have been, no, she wanted to at least tell him what she felt.

"H-How do you feel? Does it hurt anywhere? Do you need something?" The woman tried to appear calm, but he read her like a book, all the time they had spent together these last few weeks made them both know each other very well.

"Jean, I'm okay, Lisa already took care of everything, I promise" A feeling of relief washed over her face.

The two looked at each other, not a word was said but there was no need, the eyes of both said everything that was needed, the relief and joy of being able to see each other again, neither of them said it, but they both knew that before the battle with Dvalin it could have been the last time they would have seen each other, but no, they triumphed, with some bruises, but they did it.

Jean was the first one to break the silence, she knew what she needed to do even if she already knew her answer, but she wanted to say it anyway, she wanted to make clear what she wanted.

"Aether, I could never thank you enough, you saved everyone, you saved the city, you saved my people, you saved... me, and just by your own heart and will, you had a mission and you still decided to help us no matter how long it took you"

"Jean, I-" she silenced him with her hand indicating that she was not finished yet.

"And even thought I asked you for a lot of things this past few weeks, I want to ask you for one more favor, but this time, not as Jean Gunnhildr the Acting Grand Master of Mondstadt... but just as Jean, a woman that couldn't help but to fall in love with you" The woman brought her hand over Aether's, gently squeezing it as she embraced the warm that emanated "That's what I want to ask you Aether, please, stay with me here in Mondstadt" Aether supposed that Jean was going to talk about this, but he hoped that she wouldn't.

In the weeks that they spend together he could also start developing feelings for the Dandelion Knight, he would be a fool if he didn't, she was beautiful, elegant, a nice person and someone which followed similar ideals as him, if there were a thousand universes they would have fallen in love and lived the rest of their life together in nine hundred and ninety-nine of those.