Epilogue

How many years has it been since the Red City incident? Two at the least. Maybe a couple months longer. It was a long series of events that led up to an "official explanation" of a freak storm gathered over the city where the conditions were perfect for it to sit and build in one place until it collapsed. As a contract was never issued, no one was ever issued it. Thus an official report was never filed. No one knows what happened and no one came forward with information.

Angela recovered from her injuries with no side effects. She chalked it up to a mix of her own sturdy body and dragon abilities of longevity. She faces the public a bit less now.

Juliet rededicated herself to her work. Instead of hunting, she turned to more of a care of creatures. Specifically helping those who had been affected by incidents. She maintained her own consulting firm outside of any national association so she could travel freely when needed. Her services became valuable in a short amount of time. In just a few years she was on her own, and she continued to maintain her number one rank among the contractors association.

Not only that, she was highly coveted by almost every agency. She began receiving the offers that she was once told about personally. They were always extravagant but none matched her own interests. She enjoyed the independence and freedom that her self-employment brought her. She wasn't alone though.

Adam needed a place to stay. As much as the two fought, they knew how to work together. Juliet picked up the leadership role while Adam stuck to his teachings. He delved into the contracts picking the ones that had a hard time being filled that fit with Juliet's skill set. He continued his own passions on the side eventually breaking away from Juliet once he turned 18. It was a hard break, but a needed one. And she understood that.

He had his own vampirism under control with a strict regimen to keep it at bay. In a few more years, he would be able to stop his treatment and begin living a fully normal life. Almost normal. His new position was working as a technical analyst in one of the major contractor centers that issued contracts and processed reports from the field.

Back on her own, Juliet continued to thrive. Her agency consisted of herself, and a small staff just to keep things running. Their office was located in a small rural town near the mountains in the western United States. She brought a little life to the town when they needed to expand themselves for better travel. Yes, she bought herself her own private plane to use for business purposes with an on-call crew. Some things just can't change.

She also had a certain set of skills that allowed her to talk to people. They came in handy every now and again on these contracts. One that came across her desk, asked for her by name, and so began another adventure of hers.

This contract took her to Virginia. She would fly into the local airport where she would be transferred to a military plane to be flown to a local Army base in the region. This was a rather strange one. The office she was brought into looked very bare. Almost as if it was set up in a hurry for this. The man who addressed her was a 1st Sergeant. He... looked as plain as could be. Nothing about him stuck out. He was there to tell her what he needed from her. "We had a mission go south. We need you to get our own guys talking about it. They're all pretty tight-lipped about the incident."

Easy! She lays on a little charm, brings their guard down, and spill their guts on the table while someone in another room records and observes. This has been done quite a few times. She could almost write a step-by-step guide on how she did it.

The first step was easy. She would hide behind the glass as they brought someone in. She would get a read on them to change her appearance to better fit their personal preference, then walk in with a signature sway in her step. If she could get them to reach out a little bit, a slight touch turned them into putty that she could mold to what she needed. Then, answers just started spilling out.