6

TAYLOR POV

"We need to talk." Ashlyn's voice echoed through the phone. What could possibly be so important that she needs to talk to me. Privately.

"I..uh, sure, what do you want to talk about?" I asked her, stuttering in the beginning.

"The note. I'm guessing you didn't flip the piece of paper." Just what is she talking about? Was there something on the other side of the paper as well? I flipped and checked it when I held it the first time, nothing was written. Only the copy of the words written on the front stained the back of the paper.

"I really don't know what you're talking about, Ashlyn." I told her truthfully. This whole ordeal was worrying me. Just what exactly was written on the back of the note?

"Can we meet, urgently." She spoke hurriedly almost incoherent. It's 4PM, why does she want to meet now? I mean, I can try. Hopefully Tyler doesn't accompany me..

I sighed heavily. "Alright...where do you want to meet?"

"Does the nearby Cafe work?" She spoke to me in a hushed voice. It's a few blocks down  relatively close by.

"Yea..Meet you there in 5" I reply back without a second thought. What she could be telling is important and related to the phantom world.

I make my way downstairs where Tyler was happily eating his lunch on the sofa, watching his favorite movie for the 7th time.

"Tyler, I'm going out for some time. Do you want anything?" He looks at me for a while, deciphering what I said. Soon enough, he shook his head no.

I grabbed my purse that sat on the table infront of Tyler and put my phone inside.

I jogged my way to the door and put on my blue shoes. I was wearing a simple black shirt with cargos, nothing too fancy. I also has my hair tied up in a loose bun.

I simply made my way out the door. The sun was slowly setting down as I reached my destination.

I see a red head sitting at a table in the far back next to a window, moving her leg up and down anxiously.

As I made my way to the table, my eyes glance at the piece of paper in her hand. She was gripping onto it tightly, the corners crumbled a little.

"Hey.. I'm here, what did you wanna tell me?" I asked her as I sat in front her of, she shook but calm down as she realized it was me.

She looked at me with big red eyes, it seemed like she'd been crying for a while. A worried expression plastered on my face as I asked her if everything was Alright.

She simply nodded her head and wiped her nose with the back of her hand and got to business

"The paper... t-the back of the paper." She hiccupped while speaking. She handed me the paper with a shaky hand. I looked over the back of the paper. My blood ran cold. I sat there. Petrified. staring at the paper. Shaking slightly.

On it was written in bold letters with blood-red ink "Next Death- 20:08:42" (Hours : Minutes : Seconds).

I lift my head slightly to look at Ash who was already staring at me. I look into her eyes, hoping to find some sort of lie hidden behind those green eyes, but no.

She looked down to my hands and at the paper. she started her sentence "What do you think?"

Her eyes look up and lock with mine. Silence.

I shifted my eyes from the paper to Ashlyn. Something doesn't feel right.

The words on the front of the paper were only visible in the phantom world and disappear after we left, but the timer and the words...How is it that I can see them right now, even though I'm not in the phantom world.

This hit me like a truck.

I jerked my head upwards to Ashlyn looking at me with a shocked face. I start speaking loudly "Ashlyn, how can we see the timer in the real world. The words on the front are there too."

She glanced at the paper. Suddenly, the sun set down at an unusually fast pace and a blood moon rose up in the sky. I whipped my head around to look at the other people in the café. They were gone.

Instead, Phantoms replaced their places. Creeped out, I grab Ashlyn's hand and dart out of the building. We keep running for a long time, no one uttering a single word unless made sure no phantom was around to pick up on their voices.

"I- Ashlyn, what's going on?" I spoke to her in a hushed voice with confusion. She didn't reply. She looked up and stared at my face with piercing eyes.

"I don't know Taylor, I really don't, All we need to do right now is to look for others incase they are here too"

What she said made sense. If we were in the phantom world then so should the others.

(Words: 854)

AND THATS IT FOR NOWWWW
Yikes, these exams are starting tomorrow and I'm not prepared AT ALL. sry for the short chapter, I tried.

Hopefully this is a good plot of you all.