9: waning crescent in virgo

The next day, Nikolai walked into the main building and saw that Tiffani was waiting for him.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Why, hello there."

"Waiting for me, I see?"

"I guess so." She smiled and walked closer to him.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" He held his hand out.

She got shy and took his hand.

The two of them walked to a private corridor where the walls seem to extend on forever. As soon as they were far down enough, Nikolai pushed her closer to a wall. Tiffani started to blush red.

There was a moment of silence, as their breaths were aligned and Nikolai was about to kiss her.

Suddenly...

"Who is this?"

Nikolai turned around and saw Serena, in a state of shock. He got off of Tiffani as Serena's voice made him jump.

"Who are you?" Tiffani defended Nikolai.

"I'm his soulmate." Serena said those words coldly.

"Soulmate?" Tiffani turned to Nikolai. "You never told me you had a soulmate!"

"We never talked about that." He brushed it off.

Serena rolled her eyes. She wasn't about to cry or go for his throat, but instead felt a sense of worry.

She stormed to him.

"Do you know what could happen to you if somebody catches you? You could get yourself killed!"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"That sounds great right about now."

Serena scoffed.

"But, you have so much to live for! You have your whole life ahead of you!"

Suddenly, Nikolai walked up to Serena and looked her straight in the face.

"Do I, Serena? Do I?"

Tears started to form in Serena's eyes.

"You do!"

Nikolai started to walk away.

"I didn't ask for you to be my soulmate, and I didn't want you to be my soulmate."

"Then, who would be your soulmate?"

Nikolai stopped and turned to her.

"I would be content to die alone then to be with somebody."

"But... but why?"

Nikolai turned on his foot to face Serena.

"It shouldn't matter to you, besides, you should hate me. We're not meant to be together."

He walked away and turned a corner, leaving Serena and Tiffani.

Tiffani broke the silence.

"Wow, he is such an asshole to you."

Serena shook her head.

"I don't know what I did to him, but I can't seem to find the heart to hate him."

"He seems like the type of guy that you think that you can fix, but it seems like he needs to fix himself first."

"To be honest, I don't know where to start."

"Maybe, give him some distance. After all, the more you avoid him and make him seem like he doesn't exist to you, the more he'll grow attached to you. Watch."