Chapter 15

As I waited for Draco and the rest of our friends to show up for Quidditch tryouts, I talked with a boy I haven't met before. His name, was Thomas Bane.

"No, Tom!" I said, as he had said he was going out for Keeper.

"Why not, Tabitha?" Thomas asked, still convinced to go out for Keeper.

"BECAUSE IM GOING OUT FOR KEEPER! And quite honestly, I have to make it" I said, turning my head away from him.

"So really, you think I'm going to get keeper and you won't?" Thomas asked as I started walking towards Draco, who had came with Marcus Flint.

"Well I've never seen you play! So quite honestly I don't want the chance of me not getting Keeper!" I yelled.

Draco gave a confused look at Thomas, "who's this Tabitha?"

"Your new boyfriend?" Marcus asked.

"HES MY COUSIN YOU GIT!" I yelled at Marcus, hitting him on the arm.

"So this is Dablins son then. What's his name again, Thomas?" Draco asked, ignoring the question Marcus asked.

Slowly, I nodded, before being pushed out of the way by Thomas. Angrily, I took out my wand and said, "locomotor mortis" and stood up.

Draco laughed, and I brushed the dirt off of myself. Both Draco and I walked off at the moment, leaving Marcus and Thomas behind. We walked to the centre of the field, to talk to coach Josh Fletch.

"The two of you are already promised spots on the team" Coach Josh Fletch said before we spoke.

"Well then" Draco said, looking at me.

"But you'll still have to try out. Make it seem as if you weren't promised the spots."

With that, Draco turned around and started walking off. But I stayed behind, "what about Marcus, Coach Josh Fletch? Is he promised a spot too?"

"Unless three great chasers show up, then yes. Who's the new kid?" Coach asked me, motioning towards Thomas.

"That, is my cousin Thomas Bane. He's my uncle Dablins son. He's a bit of an attention seeker, probably be good as a beater if Oliver Pine doesn't show up" I said, noticing Tyler Emerald come onto the field. Coach Josh Fletch nodded and dismissed me. After not seeing him in forever, I ran up to Tyler and hugged him.

"Haven't you gotten taller?" Tyler asked me when I let go of him.

"Not really. About a few inches or so. You've gotten taller, that's obvious" I said, looking up at him.

Tyler shrugged, and brought up the most dreaded subject. The five words I never wanted to hear come out of his mouth, came out, "how are you and Astryx?"

As we sat next to Thomas, Marcus, and Draco, I glared at Tyler. "What do you think?" I asked, coldly.

"Not well? Broken up?" He asked, tousling his hair.

"They broke up, about a week ago" Draco smiled.

"With that, I'm assuming you two are together again?"

"Not really" Draco said, and I got up to go over to my cousin. "But she's mine" I heard Draco say to Tyler.

Thomas wasn't bad, honestly. He seemed annoying, and I'd guessed he'd probably be in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor with his attitude. Though, there was a part of him that literally screamed out 'I'm a Slytherin, no doubt.' In the end, he probably would be a Slytherin, as my entire family has been. If he wasn't a Slytherin, honestly, he'd probably be shunned from the family. Which sort of made me feel bad for him.