Whistle of the boogeyman(short)

Jaune tossed and turned in his sleep. In a world like the one he lived in, nightmares were far from rare. One memory played over and over again. Something that was his fault, something he dreamt of him changing every single time. He pictured himself back in the same scenario, On his knees before negan, but this time the dream was different. When his blindfold was taken off he was shocked to not see Rick or the others. Instead he saw his friends from remnant. Ruby, Blake, Yang, Oscar, Nora, Ren, Qrow and Weiss. Everyone seemed to have clothes from earth and looked like they've been surviving for years. Jaune's vision fuzzed as Negan entered the fray. His whistle echoed through his mind. His footsteps heavy with the sound of the gravel and dead leaves crunching, the noises blended with the sound of ripping flesh and the groans of pain of Glenn. Jaune began to tear up again and began sweating looking back up at the man with the bat.

Negan: We pissing our pants yet

Negan smirks and Jaune's mind reverbs Negan's words over and over again. Jaune's mind flickered from his friends from remnant and his friends from earth. The same result always ending in the death of his friends. He wondered what would be different here. Negan continued his speech but jaune couldn't focus only hearing ringing with so many voices flooding his brain. Negan points his bat at jaune. Jaune didn't even notice that negan had begun his sick game.

Negan: Meeny

Jaune watched as Negan pointed his bat at each of his friends. He slowly examined luccille with each second he stared the more he saw the corpses of Glenn and Abraham. Soon the bat landed on Ren. Jaune tried to scream out but he knew what the result would be.

Negan: Anybody move anybody say anything cut the other girl's arm off and feed it to her sister and then we'll start. You can breathe. You can blink. You can cry. Hell your all gonna be doing that.

Negan brought the bat down on Ren. His head hit the ground with a loud thud. Ren lifted himself up. His expression was stern and he showed his courage and strength. Negan smirked as he watched Ren's head slowly leak out blood from his wound.

Ren: N..No....Nora. I'll Find you

He said before negan brought the bat back down on him. Over and over again the sound was heard infecting Jaune's mind with the bad memories. He saw Nora crying as she tried to hit Negan's knee cap to break his leg but she was stopped and pinned down. Negan gave his speech on the second half of the punishment and began made his way to jaune still facing the others. Jaune looked down on the floor and looked up and around him. He realized what was happening.

Negan: So....Back to it.

Negan whipped around with luccille and hits jaune right in the head a few times. Jaune lifted his head up his mind was turning into a mess of thoughts. He felt the pain as if it was real, but in midsts of all this pain he felt a loving touch. He lifted himself up, blood clouding his vision. Negan was leaning in front of him.

Negan: buddy, you still there? I just don't know.

Behind Negan he could see the girl that made him who he was. Pyrrha Nikos. It wasn't rare to see her in his dreams but here everything felt right like he was where he belongs. He tried to say her name. He wanted her name to be the last thing he said. He wanted her to be the last thought in his mind. He wanted to be with her.

Jaune: p...p..p

Negan: it looks like your trying to speak but you just took one helluva hit. I just popped your skull so hard, your eyeball just popped out! And it is gross as shit.

Jaune: p...p.... Pyrrha

He said using the last of his energy. He prepared himself as Negan began talking to the others. He felt like he belonged. He felt like he should've been the one to die instead of Glenn. He felt like he should've died in the fall of beacon. He felt like Pyrrha should've lived to fight Salem and her army instead of him.

Negan: but I did say. No exceptions!

Negan hits jaune again. Jaune felt at peace as he felt the smacks of luccille on his head until he couldn't feel anything anymore as he sat in the dark void and woke up. He took deep breaths and grabbed the bottle of water he had on his nightstand, the nightmare felt different. He wasn't scared, he felt peaceful. Maybe now the nightmare would end. Maybe here he could redeem himself. He thought that when he ended up here and lost that feeling along the way, but now it revived inside his mind and it felt possible that he could succeed in something and save his friends and get them home. Jaune took another deep breath. He reach for a bottle of sleeping pills on his nightstand and took some and drank some water. He layed down back on his bed looking at the ceiling before turning around and following asleep.