1

It has become a habit for Ricky ever since he started college a little over a year ago, at least twice a week he would wake up half an hour earlier than needed and, on his way to class, he would stop by the most popular coffee shop amongst students, almost in front of the main building of the University. He used to go there so often that all the employees already knew his order, a strawberry frappuccino and one strawberry muffin, and they would start making it as soon as the blonde haired boy entered the room.

Today was one of these days, except for the fact that, when it was finally his turn to be served, there was an unfamiliar face behind the counter. A handsome guy with jet black hair, a broad smile displaying perfectly aligned white teeth, a sharp jaw and perfectly sculpted nose, asking him for his order. After a few seconds of shock, he asked for his usual frappuccino and sat down on a small table nearby to wait for his drink, which was brought a few minutes later by the handsome boy himself.

"Hello! Sorry, it's my first day here... The guys told me you come here often and probably forgot to order your muffin, so I brought one for you," he smiled at the customer, the bags under his eyes becoming more prominent as he did so.

"Oh, hi... Yeah, thank you." Ricky motioned for his wallet to pay for the pastry but the other boy stopped him.

"It's on me! Don't worry. We'll probably see each other often here. I'll have your order memorized from now on."

"Thank you, it's really kind of you," he smiled gratefully at the other and took a bite of the muffin, savoring the sweet strawberry flavor. "This is really good."

"No problem, it's my pleasure. I'm Kim Jiwoong, by the way," he said, holding out his hand for Ricky, who took it and shook firmly.

"I'm Ricky. Nice to meet you, Jiwoong."

"Likewise, Ricky." He slightly bowed, smile still in place. "So, what brings you here so often?"

"Well, it's right across the street from Uni. But more than that, I guess I just like the frappuccino here. And the muffins, of course," he chuckled, taking another bite of his treat.

"Can't argue with that. Even though I started here this week, I'm already a fan of the muffins myself, although I usually prefer brownies."

They chatted for a few more minutes before Ricky realized he was going to be late for his class if he didn't hurry.

"I have to go, but it was nice meeting you, Jiwoong. Thanks again for the muffin," he said, getting up and grabbing his backpack.

"Anytime. See you around, Ricky." Jiwoong said, waving goodbye as the other hurried out the door.

When Ricky made his way to class, he couldn't help but think about Jiwoong and his bright smile. He made a mental note to come back to the coffee shop soon and strike up another conversation with the handsome new employee.

As the days went by, Ricky found himself looking forward to his visits to the coffee shop more than ever before. He would purposely wake up earlier just to have a chance to chat a little more with Jiwoong, and he would stay a little longer than necessary just to savor the company of the boy with the charming smile and infectious laugh. It wasn't long before they became friends, talking about everything from school to music to their personal lives. Ricky found himself opening up to Jiwoong in ways he never had with anyone else, and he enjoyed listening to the other's stories and dreams.

This went on for a while, until one day, as Ricky was about to leave the coffee shop, Jiwoong stopped him with a hand on his arm.

"Hey, Ricky, can I ask you something?" He said, looking a little nervous.