2

Over the next few weeks, Ricky and Jiwoong spent every moment they could together. Ricky would go to the coffee shop everyday to see his boyfriend and, when Jiwoong wasn't at work, they would go on walks around campus, watch movies in his dorm room, and even study together. As their feelings for each other grew stronger, they knew that they had to have a serious conversation about their future.

One evening, as they sat on the roof of the dorm building, looking out at the city skyline, Ricky took a deep breath and turned to Jiwoong.

"Jiwoong hyung, I have to be honest with you," he started, looking deep into the other's eyes with a serious expression. "I like you. Like, really really like you. And I know that we haven't been together for very long, but I can't imagine my life without you in it. I want to be with you, Kim Jiwoong. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Jiwoong smiled wide and took Ricky's hands in his, squeezing them gently before leaning in and kissing him softly. "I feel the same way, Ricky. I know that there might be challenges, but I don't care. I want to be with you, no matter what. And I promise to support you and stand by your side, always."

From that moment on, Ricky and Jiwoong were officially a couple. And as they looked out at the city lights and the stars, they knew that they were meant to be together, no matter what.

And, as the weeks went by, their relationship only grew stronger. 

As they continued to spend as much time together as possible, however, Jiwoong found it increasingly difficult to balance his expenses. He was struggling to make ends meet, but was fortunately able to find a second part-time job at a convenience store near campus just to pay his bills.

It was a cold Tuesday afternoon and Ricky's classes had just finished. With a wide smile, the boy entered the University library walking happily, almost skipping, until he saw his boyfriend. Jiwoong was sitting alone at a table by the window, arms crossed on the surface with his head resting on top of them, eyes closed, almost asleep. The blonde haired boy felt his heart sink a little at the sight of the older looking so dejected. He walked over to where he was, expression changing from joyful to concerned as he approached the other boy and gently touched his shoulder.

"Hey, hyung. Hi," he spoke just above a whisper, sitting next to the other after giving him a sweet kiss on the top of his head. "Are you okay? How were your classes today? I missed you."

"Hi... " Jiwoong opened his eyes slowly and lifted his head, looking up at Ricky. He gave a weak smile and shrugged. "Oh, my God, classes were exhausting. I'm so tired... But I'm fine. I missed you too."

"Oh, my poor baby... Wanna go out to dinner?" Ricky asked, patting his head in a comforting manner.

"That sounds nice, but I have to work tonight. And I also have a ton of assignments to do," he pouted, sighing tiredly and resting his head on the table once more. "Maybe some other time?"

"Didn't you work last night?" Ricky asked, tilting his head and furrowing his eyebrows with a concerned frown.

"Yeah, I did. But this week I have to work every night, to cover some shifts because one of the guys is sick or something." Jiwoong replied, his tone reflecting his exhaustion. He felt a little guilty for not being able to spend as much time with his boyfriend as he wanted to lately. He had been working more hours at both the coffee shop and the convenience store and it was taking a toll on him both physically and mentally.

"Even on friday?" Ricky asked, receiving a nod as a response from the other boy. "But the guys are having a movie night at Hao's place and they really wanted to finally meet you. And you can't keep pushing yourself like this, hyung. You need to take care of yourself too," it was Ricky's turn to pout.

"I'm sorry, Ricky..." He said with a soft voice.  "But I've seen them at Uni and at the Café a couple of times, what do you mean 'meet me'?"

"Well, they've seen you, but they haven't really talked to you yet. And besides, it's not the same as hanging out outside of Uni or work, right?"  Ricky explained, gently taking Jiwoong's hand in his. "They want to spend more time with you, get to know you better. Plus, I really want you to meet them properly, as my official boyfriend. They've been asking about you a lot, you know? You know how important my friends are to me, and I want you to be a part of our group too."

"I know they're important to you, and I want to be a part of your life too. But I just can't right now. I have so much to do, and I need to focus on my studies and work." Jiwoong replied with a sad voice, looking down at their hands. "I'm really, really sorry."

"I understand that, but you also need to take a break and have some fun. It's not healthy to work all the time and neglect your social life. And I know my friends will love you, just like I do," Ricky said, giving Jiwoong's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Okay, you're right. Next time I promise I'll go," Jiwoong agreed, nodding his head and smiling at Ricky.

"Don't worry, we'll plan something. Next saturday? They'll be thrilled to hear that you're coming. We can have dinner at my place," Ricky said, smiling at his boyfriend.

"Sounds good!" Jiwoong nodded again. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of spending time with Ricky's friends. He knew he needed to take a break and have some fun, and he was glad that Ricky was there to remind him of that. "Now, can you keep me company until my shift starts?"

"That's what I'm here for!" he put his arm around the other's shoulders, kissing his cheek, feeling relieved that he could at least help lift his boyfriend's spirits. They spent the next hour just enjoying each other's presence until it was time for Ricky to walk Jiwoong to his job.