Chapter 7 - Recollections

Now

Yunjin and Chaewon arrive at the club together, completely aware of what their friends had done and what exactly their goal was. Behind the clear glass walls of the VIP room, they spy the rest of the band, talking and eating, obviously unaware that the pair had arrived.

"Chaewon," Yunjin whispers, grabbing Chaewon's hand and pulling her back from view. Chaewon blinks and pushes her brows together in confusion, trying to ignore the fact that Yunjin was holding her hand and the fact their faces are close enough for their noses to almost touch. "What's wrong?" Chaewon whispers back.

"Don't tell them their plan worked," she warns seriously.

Chaewon giggles, "I won't, I already promised you." She looks over to where their friends are and adds, "Let's go?"

Yunjin nods once, moving away, "Alright."

Chaewon waits for the feeling of emptiness on her hand, waits for the moment that Yunjin lets go and they go back to acting like they aren't the least bit amicable, like they didn't just spend almost the whole day together. But the moment doesn't come, Chaewon doesn't know if Yunjin somehow forgot that they're holding hands or if she actually doesn't mind. Nevertheless, Yunjin doesn't let go, so Chaewon doesn't either.

Yunjin leads them to the room, dodging servers with trays and a bunch of other customers. Kazuha sees them, Yunjin rolls her eyes at her best friend's not so subtle attempt at nudging Sakura in the arm secretly. Kazuha loudly clears her throat when the pair reaches the huge mahogany table.

"Hey!" she greets, "You guys came together! Sorry I couldn't catch up with you earlier."

Sakura gives them an apologetic smile. "Sorry I couldn't either."

Chaewon laughs dryly, "You're the worst actress ever, Kkura."

"You too, Naka." Yunjin adds, glaring at her. There's no heat to it though, she knows they had good intentions.

The girls in question immediately scramble to don an innocent expression. "What do you mean?!" Kazuha asks, voice an octave higher. Yunjin and Chaewon exchange a look, seemingly having one of their telepathic conversations and agreeing to mess with them.

"Oh, you know what you did." Chaewon replies dismissively, smiling smugly as she turns her eyes back to them, clearly enjoying teasing their friends, "Your plan sucked."

"We hate to break it to you but we're still getting divorced." Yunjin says smoothly, "You guys failed." Chaewon's smile falls slowly upon hearing the statement.

Well, you don't have to rub it in, Yunjin, she finds herself wanting to say. Suddenly, Yunjin's hand feels heavy on her own, like she's carrying a heavy chain and not holding the hand of the person she loves the most. She's suddenly unable to speak, the air of playfulness in her has completely vanished.

Kazuha scoffs, there's a pout on her lips, "Well, I'm not sorry. Everyone was in it."

Yunjin raises an eyebrow, "I can't believe you. Even Eunchae?"

The youngest rolls her eyes. "Yeah. Everyone was in it."

"Unbelievable." Yunjin mutters.

"What is unbelievable is you guys pretending it didn't work." Eunchae replies in disbelief.

"We aren't pretending." Yunjin argues.

Eunchae smiles, "Yeah right. Considering you guys came here together holding hands I might add, it's safe to say our plan worked a little."

Everyone's eyes drop to look at the ex-couple's intertwined hands; Kazuha lets out a very loud laugh while Sakura does her best to stop a giggle from erupting. Yunjin blinks, finally aware that she hasn't let go of Chaewon's hand. She mentally kicks herself for getting swept away by the way it had felt natural, by the way Chaewon's hand felt like it had always belonged with hers and that a couple of years apart wasn't going to change that.