CHAPTER FOUR

KURTS POV

I slipped the letterman jacket carefully over my shoulders. I sighed holding the hems, I could already tell that today was going to be REAL awkward. Unless Ram doesn't remember last night which I could only hope for. At least Heather's going to come pick us up, I don't think I would last a second being all alone with Ram. Plus after last night I would love to be around at least one more day.

I heard a knock on my door, it thankfully, wasn't a very loud knock but just loud enough that I could hear it. I could only guess that it was Heather, she's the only one who knows the full extent of my father's "strictness" so to say. I grabbed my cigarettes, phone, and lighter, quickly slipping and zipping my backpack before rushing out the door and through my house to the front door. As I walked I slung the bag over my shoulder. I reached the door and swung it open, greeted by Heather with her hand up, ready to knock again. Upon seeing me her face lit up, 

"Hey, Kurt! I already got Ram so we can head to school if you're ready," She said happily. 

 "Yeah I'm ready," I replied. She spoke as she started walking towards her car, "Alrighty! You will  have to sit with Ram in the back, Veronica's sitting in the front." I followed her carefully listening to what she was saying as we walked, "I don't mind at all," I started to say, "Hopefully he doesn't remember what happened last night though..." I finished speaking quietly. Heather looked back at me, her face showing nothing but pity for me. I really didn't want her to pity me, she doesn't need to plus, it's honestly just annoying. I love her to death, she's amazing, but I hate when people pity me. It just makes me feel even worse.

She turned around once again as soon as we reached the car, walking across and to the other side to get into the driver's seat. I sighed deeply, trying my best to clear my head without seeming suspicious before I got into the car. Yeah, I knew it was stupid but I really couldn't help but overthink everything that had happened last night. I mean I have no idea what he's thinking right now, I don't even know if he remembers anything that happened last night. Or what if he does and regrets it and hates me now? The possibilities are basically endless and most of them are not good. The few good ones that there are won't ever happen.

I took one final deep breath deciding it wasn't worth trying to go down the loophole of thoughts and opened the car door, bracing myself for whatever Ram was going to say once I did get in. I silently crouched down and scooched my way into the empty backseat. I pulled the door closed behind me getting comfy in my seat, making sure I wasn't too close to Ram but also wasn't suspiciously far away. 

If you had the ask me I'd say Heather's car was the nicest out of anyone I knew, it was small, yes but it was still nice and definitely expensive. The white leather seats were appealing to the eyes and the outside was painted a shade of yellow that screamed Heather. And honestly, it's a nice shade of yellow, there's very few yellows I'd say look nice but this was by far one of them. It was a light shade but still bright enough to give it a nice pop. Really the whole car was just nice, even better than Ram's truck. Even though that truck is old I still love it, just because of all the memories I've made in it. 

"God I have the worst headache right now..." I heard a groan from beside me, breaking the silence in the car.

 Heather pushed her car into the keyhole and turned the car on, a quiet hum sounding before she replied, "Well that's your own fault, you're the one who decided to drink that much."

"I bet you don't even remember anything from last night do you?" She huffed as she pulled out of my driveway and onto the road. Veronica chuckled next to her, barely turning her head to look at Ram, who looked pale as a ghost.