Day One - Getting Started

On entering this new game through a Portal Door – Jennifer Tanisha Carter (younger sister of Natalie Carter, the librarian) was immediately surprised at how she had started on the home screen of the game, rather than straight into it. Music began to play, but she quickly deduced that the introduction music on Tomodachi Life was slightly better than this.

The main menu area was primarily blank – save for a few coloured cubes floating around with the title in bold black. And all there was to do was start the game. Not even a moment went by and she had gently pressed the 'Start Game' button.

The title and options disappeared as some text then mysteriously appeared.

Welcome to the world of Eve!

Jennifer was amazed at how this was a promising prelude to what was yet to come. Marzia was right in convincing her to preorder the game at the same time, many months ago.

Eve is a digital platform that connects people all over the world through fashion.

"So it's a virtual world of sorts... Maybe Marzia will join somehow... Or I could meet some fellow fashion designers!" Jennifer thought to herself, enthused by this experience.

Using the language of fashion, people can express themselves, get to know other people, and communicate with each other, even if their native languages may differ.

Jennifer was getting more and more curious as this introductory section went on.

Your sense of style is uniquely yours and is part of who you are. Let's use the language of fashion to freely communicate with the world.

After this long speech – that was when the area changed to just a blank canvas – save for another set of text that Jennifer would have to go through. But this time – it appeared that it was guiding her through character creation.

First of all, let's create your Eve character. In Eve, such characters are called 'Muses'.

Jennifer thought. 'That would be another word for Avatar, isn't it? Okay then.'

In the background appeared to be two standard-looking models – a short girl and a tall boy. The girl appeared to have long brown hair and brown eyes in a white shirt and pants, while the boy had scruffy short brown hair and brown eyes that were like the girl's. But Jennifer only had a few seconds to admire the options before a quick text box appeared with an 'OK' button underneath.

In Eve, you can communicate with people around the world through the language of fashion, using avatars called 'Muses'. The appearance and profile information of the Muse you create will be shared with other players. Please refrain from including anything offensive or any personal information.

Author's Note: Jennifer Tanisha Carter is an original character of mine, don't worry.

Jennifer understood this as the textbox faded and she could now choose from the girl (Type A) or the boy (Type B). It was obvious that she was a girl – so she had selected Type A –which took her to a selection screen.

Choose a Muses from among the recommended Muses. You can change the appearance of your Muse later if you like as well.

Jennifer didn't mind this as she went to select one of them. The one she had selected, looked a bit like her but with blue-ish eyes and parted greyish short hair. After being satisfied with her choice – that was when Jennifer pressed 'Okay' to move onto the next scene.

The next screen made her day, as she was finally able to change this Muse of hers to make it look more like her. By the end of this session of making sure it was right – the Muse was almost identical to what Jennifer looked like. Meaning that it was time to head to the next screen.