Chapter 2

The snowstorm gradually intensified, creating increasingly challenging conditions. However, amidst the adversity, their only ray of hope emerged in the form of Beet's Alpine Suites, a nearby hotel. Katrina immediately spotted the hotel and swiftly drove towards it, despite the relentless winds threatening their safety. Upon arrival, Katrina urgently called out to everyone, emphasizing the need to quickly transport all of their baggage. She expressed concern that the powerful winds could potentially cause the bus to topple. The family promptly began gathering their luggage, with Mirabel struggling under the weight of the heaviest bags. While some of the luggage was successfully carried out, unfortunately, some items were obliterated in the process. Mirabelle was swept away by the powerful gusts, unable to maintain her grip on her family. She found herself at the mercy of the volatile atmospheric forces, with all hope seemingly obliterated. However, in a moment of optimism, Manuel, the astute receptionist of the hotel, swiftly deployed a substantial grappling hook, providing them with refuge inside the building, offering solace and respite. "I hope this hotel isn't rated poorly," Sabrina commented while observing the surroundings. Finnegan, the hotel's owner, interrupted with a displeased expression. Manuel quickly shielded his face, attempting to diffuse the situation. "I apologize for his outburst. Finnegan has experienced significant hardships," he explained.
"Manuel, please ensure that our guests have made their payment. Otherwise, I will handle the matter personally," Finnegan growled sternly. "I apologize for any inconvenience. We are currently facing challenges with receiving payments. However, we are committed to compensating you by improving the cleanliness and overall condition of the hotel. I am even willing to work tirelessly without rest," Mirabelle enthusiastically offered. Finnegan responded with a warning tone, his invisible hands longing to obliterate. "Make sure you fulfill your promises. Being celebrities does not exempt you from hard work." " I kindly request that you consider a more compassionate approach. Mirabelle, the lead singer, exhibited immense dedication to the fan base, even risking a spinal injury. I have invested significant time and effort in preparing for this momentous occasion." Said Bob, the esteemed cook, aptly mentioned while presenting a buffet. "Thank you, sir. These delicacies appear to be quite delectable," Mirabelle expressed with sincere appreciation. "Indeed, they are intended for the diligent members of the band," the chef replied. " Please proceed with caution as you enter the room. It is important to note that any attempts to undermine my expectations will result in severe obliteration." The boss expressed his displeasure, emphasizing his authority by metaphorically demonstrating his ability to obliterate those who betray him. The family eagerly entered the room, seeking some respite. Mirabelle hurried over to Bob and implored, "Could you kindly provide me with a cup of coffee that has a high caffeine content capable of inducing a heart attack? Your supervisor is in dire need of affectionate attention."  "It is essential to prioritize your health. Your band's impactful dissemination of the gospel is crucial, as we rely on you to bring souls to salvation." The tomato, while preparing a cup of coffee, unfortunately deviated from the wishes of his role model. "Thank you very much for your kind gesture. This will provide an opportunity for that individual with a negative demeanor to experience the comforting and uplifting embrace of Christ." Mirabelle expressed her gratitude as she consumed the invigorating beverage. "Additionally, the cleaning materials can be found in the northwest area. I believe the clothing available there would complement your style quite elegantly," the chef responded. "You are truly thoughtful. I will make my way there promptly."
The sweet potato eagerly entered the chamber, promptly gathering the necessary cleaning supplies. Her enthusiasm was growing as she anticipated the opportunity to make a positive impression on the irritable beet. "May I inquire about areas for improvement within this establishment, apart from your superior, of course?" she inquired briskly, sweeping with efficiency. "Our focus should be on enhancing our overall performance. The current puppet show we offer tends to fall short of excellence. Perhaps infusing Finnegan with the captivating power of your angelic voice, as I have heard from an enthusiastic source.Manuel made a suggestion, while adjusting his necktie to ensure a polished appearance. "Additionally, have you recently attended a concert? It seems that you could benefit from some rest," he advised, acknowledging the importance of taking care of oneself. He took a moment to address his own physical insecurities, meticulously adjusting his vermillion, slender frame. "Please consider adopting a more faithful mindset. Christ endured six hours of suffering, bearing the weight of sin in its entirety. Shouldn't we be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of others?" Mirabelle, in her diligent manner, continued to clean tirelessly, undeterred by the tumultuous darkness of the night.