Vision

Two months later

- Moon

Today is our first battle.

Father has been leading us through training for the past two months. So far there has been no sign of any of the kids who are getting killed.

Like Winter or Ostrich. I still felt horrible about Winter.

He is the first Icewing to not make it through training.

"Today is your first battle. Shake off all your nerves too. Being scared won't help you come home safely. And after this battle you will be able to go back to your homes." Morrowseer explained.

I grabbed Qibli's hand. He smiled ruefully at me.

"This board has our battle formation planned out. Examine it carefully. If you don't know it well, you're as good as dead." father said grimly.

He walked away and I went to look at the battle board.

Half of us are going to head straight in for battle, the other half is going to split up and do a second wave of attacking and defense.

I was supposed to be in the defense. Qibli and Kinkajou were on the first wave. The most dangerous position.

Qibli's face drained color and he read his position.

What if I die? I die in battle while Moon stays behind in the dark. Probably what Morrowseer wanted. He isn't very fond me of me. Wants me to disappear so he can have Moon back.

But Deathbringer is on defense with Moon. Atleast she won't be alone if I die. Deathbringer will be there for her.

Qibli's thoughts sent waves of dread into my emotions.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked with me to our camp.

We were silent as we walked.

When we got to our camp I couldn't say anything. But I could still hear Qibli's thoughts. Except he had more of emotions and memories going on then actual words.

I decided to try my new trick. The other day when I found out Deathbringer was my older brother I saw glimpes of horrible stuff. Someone of normal stuff.

The weird part is, I saw things I hadn't seen really until today. Like the battle formation board.

I thought I might be seeing the future. How? I have no idea, but I want to know if Qibli will live.

So I squeeze my eyes shut and think hard.

My eyes are forced open as I see something thats not really there.

People rushing towards other people. Blood and weapons are everywhere.

No clear image of whats happening. And then I see it. A spear going through Qibli's heart. I scream, but it seems distant.

Then I see Qibli standing again, throwing a spear at someone else. I see many different things happen to him.

But the clearest one was this.

He ran through the field of blood quickly. A Skywing swung her sword at him but he ducked. He threw his spear and missed.

And the Skywing took a small sharp dagger and sent it through his stomach twisting it violently.

He fell limp and crawled to a tree. He screamed something but I couldn't hear. The screams that erupted from my mouther were inaudible to me.

But it sent shivers down my spine still.