Chapter 7

Vladimir POV

The lingering tension from the lunch incident left me in contemplation.

"Are you okay, Ms. Ramos?"

"Okay lang po ako." Tinanggal ko ang panyo niya sa kamay ko at pinadugo ko pa lalo ang daliri ko.

"S-sir, bakit niyo tinatanggal 'yan?" Sigaw niya, but she stutters so much. Its amusing to see her reaction, pero dapat kong itago ang tunay na dahilan kung bakit ko ginagawa ito.

As we returned to the office after lunch, the weight of paperwork greeted me like a tidal wave. Skylar, although seemingly occupied with her tasks, had a curios and hesitant expression. I could sense her eyes on me, and it added an extra layer of complexity to the atmosphere.

Amidst the paperwork, my phone rang, and it was my older sister on the line. "Yes," I answered, bracing myself for the impending conversation.

["Where are you? Did you find her? Then bring that woman here to our palace. Baka nakalimutan mo, apat na araw na lang, Vladimir."]

"I can't bring her to our palace; she still doesn't know," I responded tersely. The countdown to a crucial event was nearing it send, and the pressure was building up.

The call ended, leaving me with a heavy heart. The ritual was not just a ceremony; it was a convergence of destinies, a complex interplay between tradition and the modern world. Skylar, still unaware of the web she had entered, continued to work diligently in the office.

The burden of responsibility weighed heavily on me. Should I accept my destiny and lead Skylar into a real she never knew existed? The internal struggle intensified, and a flood of thoughts read through my mind. What would happen to Skylar if I accepted the inevitable path laid out by tradition. Would she be safe?

The unpredictability of her thoughts, the mystery surrounding her, made it challenging to discern her true feelings.

Lost in contemplation, I found myself glancing at Skylar, silently wishing for a resolution that would spare her from the complexities of my world. The countdown continued, each passing moment marking a step closer to a destiny that held both promise and peril.

Days passed, and I found myself growing weaker, perpetually tried despite my in activity. Unquenchable thirst plagued me, rendering every attempt to satiate my thirst futile. There was a unspoken quest with in me, a search for something elusive.

One day, as I succumbed to the weakness, Skylar noticed the physical toll on me. Concern painted her face as she approached, her genuine worry palpable. Hindi niya alam na ang sanhi ng aking paghihina ay konektado sa pangunahing gutom na nagbabanta na lamunin ako.

"Sir? Are you okay? Parang hindi po yata kayo kumakain eh, namamayat po kayo," she expressed. Her neck, adorned with veins pulsing with life, become a inadvertent fixation for my vampire instincts. The hunger within me become insatiable, a dangerous craving that jeopardized Skylar's safety.

Dryness pervaded my senses; I couldn't even feel the saliva in my throat. Desperation set I as the relentless thirst persisted, my attempts to consume blood proving futile. Skylar's presence, her scent, became an irresistible temptation.

"Sir! Anong gagawin niyo?" She exclaimed, startled as I found myself drawn to get neck. Before I could succumb to the dark impulses, a force pulled me away.

"This is not you!" My older sister and palace guards intervened, acting swiftly to restrain me. The weakness in my vampire abilities, a result of a spell cast to suppress my instincts, was now evident.

"Yeah, vampires, if you love your life, stay away from him," my sister warned Skylar, a caution born out of the need to protect her from the unforeseen dangers.

As confusion clouded my mind, I attempted to inquire about the events that transpired. However, my sister's stern gaze silenced me. "Hindi mo alam?" Sabi niya.

"We've put a spell on you to suppress your vampire instincts, pero malakas pa rin pala ang impluwensya ng mortal blood sa'yo. You need to control yourself, Vladimir," paliwanag niya, kung saan kitang-kita ang kanyang inis sa kanyang mukha.

"I'm sorry," I confessed, a realization dawning up on me about the perilous position I had unwittingly placed Skylar in.