Ch. 15: Sorely Mistaken

Y/N POV

I wonder if I'll ever get another bad dream, or forbid I get another hallucination from my withdrawal. However, this drink seems to ease it just a little bit. I'm trying the one and done that Zilean recommended. I have one drink of choice, and that's it for the night, no more. I got nothing to drink for, so why drink a bunch and feel awful the next morning?

What helped me forget was only making me remember...

Sera: Y/N, it's obvious...

Y/N: Nope.

Sera: You even started drinking again!

I pause for a moment, then lean over at her.

Y/N: How did you know that?

Sera: Evelynn and I both know you're overcoming a problem. A free, complementary bar at the show where you met us both, and you didn't have a drink? I swear you mentioned it also...

Y/N: Ah... well... damn, you got me.

Kai: Sera... just let him be, he's not doing anything. Are you jealous, sweety?

Sera: I'm not jealous! *Scoff*

Kai: Yet you had to tell Eve at the dinner table that you fucked him in his car. You don't want them to be together.

I set the empty glass on the table, ready to spit absolute fire as my pot finally boils over.

Y/N: How many times do I have to say it?! I SIMPLY CAN'T DATE VICTIMS!!! IT TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THEIR BROKEN MINDS, THEIR FEELINGS, THEIR INJURIES!!!

Sera: Oh, but you had no problem-

Y/N: YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU WEREN'T INVOLVED IN THIS CASE INITIALLY!!!

She shuts right up; you could mistake her for being frozen. That last yell made my head start to hurt. I look back and the other girls are just staring at me. I need to get out of here.

Y/N: I'm sorry... *sigh*

I fast walk right to the elevator, taking it all the way down to the garage, rushing to my car. I open the door and step inside.

This isn't like me, what the fuck is my problem?! Why did I just scream at them?! They're very fragile as is and the person that's trying to help them pulled some dumb shit!

Ugh... and why... my fucking head...

Y/N: WHO ARE YOU?!

Goon: A... servant... to the plaything...

*DISTANT GUNSHOTS!*

I slam my head against the steering wheel in hopes to get some stability, but to no avail. I can see the men I shot when I close my eyes, past and just today.

Ashe: Thank you...

Rusty: Eck! Eck! *Squeaking*

Braum: Men, we should be proud of what we did today...

Oh shit...

FLASHBACK POV

*BOOM! CHK CHK! GAS DISPERSING!*

G1: Slug's effective! We're good to go!

Braum: Y/N, you're up!

Y/N: Yes sir!

I hold up my rifle, hesitating to make the spark. We were all in a compound, mid-blizzard, and our task was to light it up, destroying any research they could possibly have on us or other people.