Chapter Eight: His Room and Mine

A/N- I'll be changing the time setting in this story since, as someone pointed out, almost a thousand years into the future is a little hard to picture. Now, it'll only be one hundred and sixty eight years (168) into the future. Don't ask why, it just is. I'll adjust the past chapters when I'm editting.

Just under a week later, we were back in Mesa. I had discarded my salt coated jeans, though I kept Kevin's wool sweater tucked away in the safety of my backpack as we arrived to Xavier's apartment. Now, we sat in the white SUV, breathing a sigh of relief to see familiar buildings. The silence that enveloped us in the car was a silence of shared tranquility, a silence we hadn't ever shared before.

I sighed deeply before saying, "Shouldn't we go in?"

"Shouldn't I be the one inviting you into my apartment?" His voice didn't have its usual edginess, and I smiled. It was nice to be in a calm environment for once.

"Well, excuse me for being tired of cars."

"Tell me about it," he replied. I turned my head to look at Xavier. He did the same thing, and we both smiled at each other. He turned his head back to the front and let a sigh whistle through his teeth. "It was all worth it though, the traveling. We'll be stopping a plan of mass destruction while freeing your women."

I tried to ignore the small pang of guilt that I felt hit my heart. "My women?" I asked with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Whatever, come on, let's go." Xavier got up suddenly, opening the car door and stepping out into the Arizona calm heat.

I stretched before following suit, dancing in the glorious sun of Mesa that I missed so much. It was mid-December, and I couldn't be any happier that the temperature was in the fifties or sixties instead of below the twenties. The tall apartment building in front of me no longer seemed towering, but now warm and inviting. I stood looking up at it with my hands linked on my head when Xavier called to me from the door.

"What are you doing? Come on, I'm tired." Xavier beckoned me with a yawn, proving his point. I stifled my own yawn as I followed his shrinking figure.

After a silent elevator ride and listening to our steps echo of the building walls, we arrived to Xavier's apartment. Once he opened the door, the familiar smell of musk that men had and spearmint flooded my nostrils. The different shading of the opposing coffee walls and his black leather couches never looked more inviting than they did now. Behind me, Xavier closed the door, locking it.

"Well," I decided, stretching again, "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight!" I threw myself of the cool leather, shivering in both the coolness of the material and its comfort.

"You do realize that it's five in the afternoon, right?" I could hear Xavier's voice traveling from somewhere in the kitchen as he shuffled with pots and pans. "And stop throwing yourself on my couch, it's starting to wear out."

"Oh blah, blah. Deal with it." I twisted on the couch, curling my legs together and closing my eyes. I could still hear Xavier adding tap water to a pot when I began to fall asleep. Next thing I knew, I was being scooped up and thrown over his shoulder. My eyes popped open with the force of his shoulder being driven into my gut as Xavier began walking. "What the hell?" I tried to twist out of his grasp, but his left hand was planted firmly on my thighs. "What the fuck are you doing?" In vain, I fought again and again against his strong hold.

Xavier paused a little to open a door in the hall I never went down further than the bathroom. He walked into a bare bedroom, not once loosening his grip. I bit his back, driving my teeth deep against the sweatshirt he wore.

"Ahh," Xavier squirmed when I bit him, then dropped me without warning on the bed. My body bounced on the perfectly made bed, hitting my head on the cushioned backboard. When I opened my eyes, I saw Xavier rubbing the area just below his shoulder blade, wincing. "Damn, you a vampire or something?" Xavier rolled his shoulder, getting over the pain. "Anyways, this is your new room. I'm tired of listening to you snore while I'm cooking in the kitchen."