there is one person in the us named george jetson

you might have guessed what this chapter is about and yes it is both a) about the jetsons and b) about the purported birth of george jetson last year. but i'm mainly here to randomly talk about shit in the jetsons aka my favorite hb cartoon !! <3

I think The Jetsons was my first hyperfixation that related to classic cartoons/animation. When I was younger (although I genuinely enjoyed watching old cartoons) I often was too lazy and denied my parents' efforts to show me stuff like certain favorite WB cartoons of his, Woody Woodpecker....and even Droopy, which honestly looking back was one of the worst decisions I made to be lazy and say "NAAAAHHHHH I AIN'T WANNA WATCH DROOPY" even though my dad tried to show me that one scene from Señor Droopy where that bull draws a mustache and beard on that woman on the magazine and Droopy goes all beast mode on him because of it which is a moment that will NEVER fail to make me laugh. But I honestly think I still wouldn't've thought it was funny because I was too young to understand the genius of Tex Avery, and being older now where I have become more involved in animation studies causing me to begin to watch Tex Avery's cartoons and for him to become my favorite director makes me realize that watching his cartoons when you're over the age of 10 is honestly a LOT funnier obviously. 

But back to the Jetsons, alongside what I just mentioned above, my parents also tried to introduce to me the Jetsons, which I initially refused and thought it was shit because it looked boring. I remember one day I actually was scrolling on my tv and decided "you know what? let's just check out ONE episode of the jetsons for no real reason lmao", so we bought an episode digitally (it was "dude planet" from the original 60s series). 

I watched it......and I was never the same.

I kept asking my parents to buy more episodes of the series until we ended up buying "the complete first season" (aka the entire original series) from the hanna-barbera diamond collection series. I was completely obsessed with the show in the 4th grade and I used to try to talk to my friends about it while they had no idea what the hell I was talking about it because, well, it's a show from the 1960s, for god's sake. like literally most the kids in my class cared about modern shit while they had no idea why I carried around a book on old dolls and spoke about some ancient cartoon called "the jetsons". 

i remember we were in class one time and we had a sub and she was talking about the future and future gadgets and stuff i forgot if it was because of an assignment we had or something she was like a boomer old lady so while she was talking about it she suddenly bought up the question to further prove some point "who has watched The Jetsons?"

I almost fucking exploded when I heard that question like I raised my hand up so forcibly and noticed a small, small amount of kids raise their hands idk who they were most likely their parents told them to see "what our cartoons were like back in our days" and didn't care about it. the jetsons was my SHIT in the 4th grade. like THE PINNACLE of animated tv shows for me (in classic terms). 

so now time to talk about the actual show! 

one of my favorite episodes from the original 60s series (its not like the 80s version is bad i like the og more) is "a date with jet screamer". idk why but I really, really REALLLLLLY was obsessed with that episode when I was in my jetsons phase. i guess it was the whole jet screamer thing that got me into it since my parents recommended i watch the episode and i immediately fell in love with it lmao

jet screamer is the pinnacle of all rock n roll singers aight.

jet screamer is the man, he is the legend, and he is the moment. we respect jet screamer in this house and we are all fans of the jet screamer fanclub we love him 

eep opp ork ah ah honestly sounds like such a 1960s stereotypical alien-talk thing you'd find in cartoons that it's sooooooo aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason as someone who loves the overall 60s aesthetic 

basically the episode is where judy gets obsessed with jet screamer but george really fucking hates it so she tries to get her song sung by him in a contest from the fanclub and george tries to prevent her from winning by switching out her entry with elroy's secret code "eep opp ork ah ah" and then she ends up winning. 

I never appreciated the artistic beauty of the whole song sequence in that episode, i find the "little man with the funny funny face" sooooo faux-upa and I love it <3

the whole song is really cute and catchy especially the animation there which idk if hb spent a slightly higher budget on the whole episode for the sequence (specifically the animated word portions) idk maybe im just stupid, but the whole sequence is really cute and all but that one scene where judy does that goofy ahh swoon/moan/scream......💀 tf is that she sound like a damn ghast 

heres the not youtube kids version song if any if u guys really care to hear it!: https://youtu.be/BIohvBtAMG8?si=MMnPA-aIPPeuUGyP

elroy jetson.

elroy jetson.

im here to talk about elroy jetson.

elroy is the most underrated character in the entire series fr. like top underdog of the entire jetsons series because HE FUCKING CARRIES THE SERIES WHEN NOBODY'S LOOKING. WHEN NOBODY'S LOOKING HE CARRIES MORE THAN A BILLION WEIGHTS FOR THIS SERIES. man yall don't understand me HE FUCKING CARRIES THE SERIES. 

nobody's gonna talk about how freaking smart of a genius this kid is.....AT 6 1/2 YEARS OLD?! well its not surprising to me since apparently in the year 2062 the elementary curriculum is now based around teaching kids calculus and shit but for him to be inventing his own "flying pills" and doing all this rocket science shit? that's wilder than wolfy will ever be my dude.

and nobody's gonna talk how this kid was FUCKING BALLIN' in the jetsons movie?! everybody is sleeping on him fr fr and i AM CRYYYINGG what the hell is going on this yall

"dad, i'm fucking ballin'!" (kill me now)