little audrey is a menace to society and that's why i love her

okay look, just because i like little audrey does not mean i support caillou

caillou is a menace to society (negative connotation), but not little audrey. at least she's disciplined unlike him. little audrey is just a precious sweetheart, she deserves to be protected.

but enough with the intro, its time to get to the nitty griddy of the series.

little audrey actually started off back in the early 20th century as a series of random jokes that people would throw around, usually involving her being.....a menace to society! (THAT'S THAT WORD OF THE DAY OH MY GOD EVERYONE LETS CLAP AND SCREAM EVERYTIME WE SEE IT!!!!) there's one that went like:

"one day little audrey was playing with matches but her mom was like "quit playing with those matches and you'll burn the house down!". little audrey ended up burning the house down, and her mom said "oooohh little audrey you're gonna get it when your father comes home". but little audrey laughed and laughed because she knew her father was coming home and taking a nap." 

so fast forward to the 1940s when famous studios (formerly fleischer studios) gets permission to do a cartoon series off of marge's little lulu comic strip, and they do so for a few years until they can't afford to pay royalties anymore, so they come up with their own "mischievous lil girl" character to replace lulu. 

and thus, little audrey (cartoon/comic character) was born!

lots of the little audrey cartoons basically had simple structures or premises like the little lulu cartoons, at least somewhat, and they also shared similar characteristics. 

- they both had a black housemaid

- they often fantasized fun scenarios or dreams that end up becoming part of the plot at times