OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD OSWALD

LUCKY RABBIT

THAT LUCKY OSWALD RABBIT NICEST RABBIT THAT YOU EVER KNEW

holy shit....

so i just came back from a huge hyperfixation on oswald the lucky rabbit from last semester but it still sort of lingers around me. i've known about oswald since i was younger probs around 8 years old but all I basically knew about him was that he came before mickey and that he got stolen from poor uncle walt by universal (which is not entirely true?) but for some reason like recently like a year ago I went insane with a hyperfixation on him. 

oswald was my jam not too long about he still is

NOT because of fnf but the character and especially his backstory. i saw this really emotional little animation that someone made that pretty much breaks down oswald's backstory from being created by walt, getting stolen and then walt creating mickey, then oswald stuck at universal and seeing how the spotlight got stolen from him (credit to user Morgan Ditta, video here --> https://youtu.be/369ZiUrwQTs?si=SLFwoU2tVN5sQ5y2).

it suddenly resparked my interest in oswald as a character and his story too. and it honestly made me realize how oswald's backstory is literally one of the only moments in animation history that an entire fandom knows and makes fanart (and even fanfics) of and it really fascinates me ngl. the whole ordeal of walt getting the rights stolen from him became known to millions of people (most of whom weren't animation historians) through epic mickey

tbh i honestly hope there emerges a fandom based around animation history and the people and cartoons in it because I feel so alone sometimes when it comes to it lol

oswald is honestly WAY cooler than mickey mouse. like seriously. there's something that makes him a lot cooler compared to him. i guess its his sassy, more mischievous attitude, (and more......"romantic") attitude towards ortensia than mickey who always does that sappy ass pecks on the cheek and shit. like there've been multiple times in oswald's cartoons where whenever he and his girl share a kiss there's literal STEAM coming from it. like it just goes to show that their love is STRONG. like.....really, really, reaaaalllllllyy strong.......because they're rabbits (well oswald and fanny are, idk bout ortensia but i guess oswald being a rabbit still gives it the same affect). they have 420 CHILDREN for fucks sake. mickey? ZERO. NADA. CERO. LIKE it's been 94 years and him and minnie haven't even had children.....ever (except in that one mickey short that was basically a remake of poor papa and it turned out to be a dream/nightmare for him).

oswald kicks some serious ass as a character in the cartoons and in epic mickey. the dude basically beat tails to it by using his own ears as a propeller to get around, he can literally take himself apart and use whatever body part of his choice either as a tool or a weapon. and in epic mickey, the dude's a technological genius, he can hack robots make rockets and do cool shit. 

this bunny is fucking ballin, and yet nobody cares to realize it was never started by a mouse, even walt tried to make the public believe it because i bet he was still lamenting charles fucking mintz stealing him from him. 

i still think the most hilarious thing in the world was that disney got the rights back to him by trading a FLESH AND BLOOD HUMAN for him, al michaels. they went to this length when michaels was like "hey i wanna go to nbc" and took this chance to be like "yo hold up lets get oswald back too".

imagine making a hard earning living as a sportscaster to then realize your entire life is worth one thing: a 1920s cartoon rabbit.

"a real live human.....for a drawing of a bunny" - some youtuber who made a video on the whole ordeal (i'll add credits when I remember who it was)