A ghostly appearance

As they stand there looking around again, they feel the presence getting stronger and stronger until it just fades away. They all hear a noise in one of the rooms, all of a sudden a wooden table flies out of one of the rooms and hits the wall. They hear the impact of the table hitting the wall and breaking into pieces"BOOM!!!".Layla then lets out a blood-curdling scream, "AAHHH".Jake without warning runs into the room," Wait" Max exclaims hoping that Jake will hear him and stop but it is no help. Max and Layla follow behind him. They look up frightened to see that Jake is face down on the ground and a spirit of some sort standing there looking at them, the spirit then disappears and Jake with it." What happened, where is Jake, Max, what are we going to do" Layla says while hyperventilating." I don't know but we can't stay here". Max replies while also panicking. Layla and Max run out of the building and into the woods." Wait we can't just leave" Layla says while panting from the run." Don't worry we aren't leaving, we are just finding stuff to defend ourselves." I know I'm going to sound like Jake but A ghost or spirit or whatever that was is pretty muchly a non-touchable thing, If we attack it will just go through it" Layla said as they looked for good pieces of wood that they could carve into weapons." I guess you are right, okay let's just think about what we need to do" Max replies.