Chapter 14 : Guilty

HEEJIN'S POV

It was almost midnight when I received a message from Danielle. She asked me to come to her house, and I knew she was not well. I quickly got ready and took my car. In 10 minutes, I arrived at her house. As she had said, the door was not closed, I came in slowly, the lights were all off and I found her asleep on the counter of her minibar. I shook her slightly, but she didn't want to wake up. I placed her arms around me and took her to the couch. I went to get a blanket and a pillow. She looked like a mess and I was wondering what could make her feel that way. I slept on the couch next to her and set the alarm because she asked me to wake her at 4:30. Tomorrow morning, you owe some explanations Danielle Marsh.

"Thank you for coming. I have to go now. You can prepare yourself whatever you want, the fridge is full." she said flatly, she was already at the door.

"Yaaaaaah Danielle! Why were you so wasted last night?!"

"I don't have time to explain. Oh, yeah, when you pick up Hyunjin, pick up Haerin too. Bye." and she closed the door. This morning, Danielle was in a really bad mood, she looked empty, she had no expression and that was not good. She's rarely like this and I think I know the cause. I have to talk to Hyunjin about it. I was in the car now with Hyunjin. She wore black pants with a checkered shirt, even with simple clothes, she was radiant. Fortunately, today I don't have to go to my hotel, so I had time to do what I wanted.

"Hyunjin?"

"Yeah?" she turned her face to me with her cute smile.

"Last night, Danielle asked me to come to her house and it was already very late. I arrived at her house and she was in a pitiful state, she was asleep on the minibar counter. This morning, she left very early because she apparently had work to finish. She even asked me to pick up Haerin. She was in a bad mood, and that's quite rare. I'm a little worried because I'm not used to seeing her like this." I sighed.

"Hey it's okay. We'll find why Danielle is like that

but I think I know why." she caressed my

hand. I don't like seeing my best friend in this

state because it makes me sad. Danielle and I are

inseparable, as soon as we met, we didn't let go,

people even thought we were in a relationship.

"What do we do now?"

"I have a plan." she said mischievously. She explained to me that when Haerin is in the car, we'll talk about Danielle's state, pretend like we don't understand what she had. We were approaching Haerin's house, she was already waiting. She didn't seem to be in a good mood too, so that answered my suspicions well. She got into the car and sat in the back.

"Hey." she said flatly.

"Haerin? What's this face???" asked Hyunjin but I know she pretended, what a good actress.

"Nothing." she rolled her eyes. They are the same. We can see that they are not well, but they

don't want to talk about it.

"Heejin? So you told me that Danielle was drunk last night?" Hyunjin asked me, her plan had started.

"Yeah... Maybe she's stressed out with the big project. Oh yeah, I saw that she had a big injury in her hand but I didn't dare ask her because she wasn't in the mood." I noticed last night, I'm sure that stupid monkey was so mad that she broke a glass in her hand. She had already done this once when she had a big fight with her parents. I was looking a few times in the back to see Haerin's reaction. Her head was resting against the window and looking at the landscape without expression.